Dade / Broward Construction Projects

I thought I’d start a thread with a list of construction projects in Dade and Broward counties that are major enough to require changes to the map so that editors are aware of them and we can discuss the status of them.

  1. 826-836 Interchange (http://826-836.com)
    This is a massive project in western Dade county that has its own thread here (http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=193&t=45056)

  2. Port of Miami Tunnel (http://www.portofmiamitunnel.com/home/)
    Construction of a tunnel from Watson Island/MacArthur Causeway to the port

  3. 95 Express Phase 2 (http://95express.com)
    Addition of HOT lanes on I-95 from Miami Gardens Road to Davie Boulevard

  4. 595 Express (http://i-595.com/index.asp)
    Reconstruction of I-595 and its ramps and the addition of reversible HOT lanes from I-75 to the Turnpike

  5. Central Boulevard - Miami Int’l Airport Entrance (http://mdxway.com/pdf/current_projects/Central_Boulevard_Widening_Realignment_&_Service_Loop_Project.pdf)
    Reconstruction/realignment of Central Boulevard and Perimeter Road from LeJeune Road to the terminals

  6. Alton Road in Miami Beach (http://www.fdotmiamidade.com/current-projects/north-miami-dade/sr-907alton-rd-from-5-st-to-michigan-ave-1.html)
    Reconstruction of Alton Road and the flyover from 5th Street to Michigan Avenue, resulting in long term closures and detours.

Agency websites:
FDOT splits the state into districts - Dade is part of district 6 (http://fdotmiamidade.com) and Broward is part of district 4 (http://www.d4fdot.com/). Other agencies in the area are Florida’s Turnpike (http://www.floridasturnpike.com/), responsible for the Turnpike, Homestead Extension or HEFT, and Sawgrass Expressway/869, and the Miami-Dade Expressway Authority or MDX (http://mdx-way.com), responsible for 112/836/874/878/924 and Central Boulevard.

I’ve adressed items 1, 2, 5, and 6. There isn’t much documentation online about the status of the Central Boulevard project so any editors that drive through here and can help out would be great! All I know is that traffic has been shifted to the south onto new bridges over Perimeter Road.

Seen

Nice post trooster! I’m glad the Alton road one is being taken care of as well. I’m not familiar with the are but I hear it’s a massive traffic flow change.