I have just opened WME for the first time, chatted with user pumrum who advised me to post here, and this is the reason:
I have noticed that in at least 2 places in Roanoke, VA, Waze directs me to turn into an alley behind the address I am navigating to, and announces arrival when in the alley behind the address (not on the named street in front of the address). The streets, house numbers, and stop points appear to be named and positioned properly.
An example of one of these destinations is 1808 Belleville Rd SW, Roanoke VA.
Another is 2522 Brandon Avenue SW, Roanoke VA.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lon=-79.98069&lat=37.26099&layers=165&zoom=7&segments=52091942
Hi, I was working, then looked back at the chat thread. This is just an example of the pin being closer to the alley than the street. It needs moving on waze and google, which I have now done. Once the map updates, you should be routed correctly. Thanks.
You will also need to delete any previous searches or saved favorites for this address. Old results will continue to give you the wrong location.
Thanks, driving79 and Bigbear3764.
I have GIS and database experience, so if you could offer a link or brief technical explanation of how Waze and Google map data interrelate I’d appreciate it.
As a newbie WME user, should I move house numbers/pins in WME when I find this problem?
House Numbers: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/House_Numbers_in_WME
Location PIN: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/FAQ#What_do_I_do_when_Waze_has_my_destination_or_address_at_the_wrong_location.3F
By the way, parking lot roads are a last resort, and most of the time is not the way to solve the issue…especially with homes.
Sweet. Thanks again.
I’m seeing a lot of these incorrect pin drops in and around Chicago lately. Anything that waze is doing to correct this without editors doing this manually?