First editing please help with street closure

I am new to the map editor and would like to close a road segment that is a block long. The construction there has literally dug up the entire width and length of this street. It will probably be closed for several months. This section of the road has caused many problems in routing traffic because it is only one of two streets that connects both sides of this small city.

I really don’t know how this works, but it is rather important that this street segment is shown closed! What a mess this has caused; I tried ignoring it but it is really problematic.

I really would like to gain some editing points so that I can edit these types of problems since it affects my business and many other people!

Thanks

Welcome to Waze editing!

It will take a bit to get to where you can add closures, but we can help you. Can you provide details on where this is? You can give the address or provide a Permalink to the spot in Waze Map Editor.

The road to close is Barry Street in Calistoga; from Washington Street to Cedar Street. They have dug a deep pit and the entire road is missing at this point. I belive they are rebuilding a bridge there. Several bridges have been damaged in last years rains and two that I know of other than that have been closed. It has already been closed for several months and will probably be closed for several more. It being right in front of the school makes it interesting for those that go to school there. It makes things difficult to travel across Calistoga since Lincoln street has one lane closed for bridge construction.

This is the link you requested:

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=usa&lon=-122.58190&lat=38.57854&s=70491415&zoom=6&segments=78496643

You will notice that several people have already placed notices here; I myself made the attempt month’s ago.

I noticed that someone has already placed a note on the bridge construction on Lincoln:

“Road Constrution on bridge for
The bridge over the Napa River, in front of the Calistoga Inn is torn out - North bound. S/b is converted into two way traffic.”

I would like to earn a point or two so that I could eventually make these changes myself.

Thanks

Another closure is the bridge crossing on Pratt ave in St Helena where it connects to Silverado Trail (this is also where the mudslide was). It looks like someone did make the change there already. So it looks good.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=usa&lon=-122.47255&lat=38.52084&s=70491415&zoom=9&segments=82083953

There are several winery locations that waze has wrong in Napa Valley; especially in the north end. I wouldn’t have a clue as how to correct them, but I could give descriptions as to what is happening. If I wasn’t familiar with the area I wouldn’t have a clue as to where to go if I relied on
Waze.

Hello GDBlackthorn.

I have just recently gotten edit access to Calistoga and I have put in the closure on Berry Bridge through the end of January 2018 as per this article in the Napa Valley Register. http://napavalleyregister.com/calistogan/news/local/berry-st-bridge-construction-in-calistoga-to-begin-monday-july/article_8e9e96d6-176b-592e-9b1a-a1bdf17cc846.html
Do you know if access to Calistoga Elementary School is still allowed from Cedar? If so, I need to adjust for that - it’s a multi-day/multi-step process.
Please let us know if the closure ends early ( :smiley: ) or extends beyond the end of January.

With respect to the construction on Lincoln, since traffic is flowing both ways, there isn’t anything we can/should do on the Waze map.

With respect to adding wineries and other places, you are more than welcome to fix/add them yourself. Here are some web pages to get you started:
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Waze_Map_Editor/Welcome
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Edits_to_avoid
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Places
Please ask questions as these help articles can be difficult to follow.
Your first few Place edits are subject to review, so let us know (with included Permalink) when you are done, and we can review/approve.

By the way, both turbomkt and I are California Waze editors and are members of an informal Waze editing community. We use Discord as a communication platform. When you start editing, and you so desire, let us know and we can send you an invite.

I hope you and people you know are safe with the wildfires raging around.

Thanks for letting us know.