Forum Login?

I can’t find anywhere to login when (re-)visiting the forums except if I try to post something. But if I just want to see which topics that have been posted in since my last visit, it’s a bit awkward having to fake a posting first.

Am I the only one who’s missing a login link, or the only one who can’t find it if it’s already there?

The whole authentication for the service (forum, Dash, Update map) is over complicated and buggy. The login link is at the top right of the website but that doesnt seem to log you into the forum. The only way I can get logged in is to either post, or click on an online user in the user list at the bottom of the page. Even though it says im logged in, im not because as soon as you click a profile it says “Viewing user profiles requires you to be logged in” I log in and then everything is ok.

So yeh, its buggy

The forum software is not written by Waze, so their are issues getting them integrated.

So based on other phpBB forums, the best way to login in, is to go to the following link

http://www.waze.com/forum/ucp.php

And I find that keep me logged in works best for the forum, since the above link is not visible unless you are already logged in.

Having set up many forums in the past, and done intergration, i am aware of the issues that exist with cross platform common authentication.

Even though it is an annoyance, id prefer the devs to be spending their time fixing the “real” issues. Like ironing out bugs with the cartouche and general performance enhancements. I can live with the forum bug.