Forum upgrade scheduled on Sunday 15th May 09:00 GMT

Next week we will upgrade the forum software version on 09:00 GMT. Process should take between 1 and 2 hours.

Hi,

The forum upgrade has been completed. As part of the upgrade, we’ve also updated to the latest tapatalk plugin, to anyone using tapatalk.

Thanks
Dror

Hi, just from the last update, every time I want to reply a message and I’m not logged on, the Forum don’t show me the “new topic” page but the “Board Index”.
When do you enable the cookies automatic logon to the forum?

Bye,
Paolo

If You use the waze.com/forum address instead of world.waze.com/forum(which is identically the same context), You will still logged in.

Not the same.
waze.com is for USA and world.waze.com is for the rest of the world :wink:
And the posts count is not the same.

Paolo

Be sure, it is the same, I’m posting this under the
http://www.waze.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=25&t=9406
link.
The amount of counted post in the “usertag” is the same as the “Forum Posts” under world.waze.com 's MyDashboard.

I’m using it since months and it works.
But maybe krankyd or TheFej will give us answers.

haha…here is a loophole. I can post by clicking ‘Quote’. Waze has checked with phpBB.

I’ve noticed a few problems after the forum update.

1st After loggin in, you are always promted to the Board index.
Also when you click in your email after reseaving an email that I’ve got a PM.
2nd I’ve got full rights on this thread and I could also delete all posts if I would want to.
That’s because there is a link to the topic in the dutch country thread and I’m the moderator of that thread.
If I go to board index -> announcements -> topic I can’t even post a message…

There’s one other bug that should be fixed after the update, but it isn’t. I’ve allready mailed alpha about it.

I (and allot of other users with me) did clearify this allready several times.
www.waze.com/forum and world.waze.com/forum are the same.
For the dashboard and cartouche are bug differences. The forums doesn’t make any difference.

If you go to your dashboard it is indeed possible to see a defference in forum post. This is because the sync/refresh date isn’t at the same moment.
If you would check it after a few days of not posting, it is exactly the same.

Hi all !

It’s now from this morning : I can’t see any images related to new posts, and any images “go to the last post”.
I emptied my cache and reload several times, but nothing fixed it. I only get HTTP 200 responses, so I investigated in HTML : images aren’t there !

<a href="./viewtopic.php?f=10&p=77502#p77502"></a>
<dl class="icon" style="background-image: url(); background-repeat: no-repeat;">
				<dt title="Unread posts">
					
					<a href="./viewforum.php?f=8" class="forumtitle">Map</a><br />

Forgot to mention : I also don’t have images for “post a reply” and “edit” my posts.

Same here. Makes it tough to find new unread posts.

Yesterday it was fine but not today. All icons and images have gone :?

Ok, I found the problem:

The buttons size is invalid in :
http://world.waze.com/forum/style.php?id=1&lang=en

http://www.waze.com/forum/style.php?id=1&lang=en

(The original style.php was in my browser cache, but I have refreshed, so can not say the correct values.)
I’ve written a letter about it to alpha@…

For me all icons are gone on the www server as well… Didn’t even try the world!

@wroadd : I think there’s more than that, because they don’t even are in HTML Source !
Moreover, I just tried to put that code in CSS, and images are still working.

img { width: px; height: px; }

It’s only if you write “0” that images disappear.
So, even I agree that’s a problem, it’s not the root of the problem, I think.

The CSS could contain the image file, which is “called” by the div class “reply-icon”, but the icon definition is empty, too.

You right, didn’t think at backgrounds :slight_smile: :oops:

I’ve created a fastpatch script, which replace this stylesheet with a correct one until the Boys repair the forum.
It is not replace the “new post in topic” icon before the topics(it is inside the page code, not possible to inverse coding), but all the other (replay, edit, warn)

If You have firefox with greasemonkey or Google Chrome, you can try it.

http://www.multiupload.com/2NM1IHTYKX

Forgot to mention, press ctrl+f5 to reload the whole page

Work again for me since this afternoon.