Greater London Unlock request

Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s), including all of the car park if possible?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/editor?env=row&lat=51.37569&lon=-0.11794&zoom=7&segments=178939773
Reason: The car park has changed recently and needs fixing, I live nearby so can do this.
Unlock to level:1

Thank you in advance,

Downlocked.
Resist the temptation to make it complicated :wink:

Hey, I’m all done with this now if you need to relock anything. Satellite view doesn’t match but that’s because it’s changed since the last pics, it’s definitely correct and I’ve tried to keep it simple! The main section next to the store is fully barriered off, and the first section you can drive down to get out I have added in.

Hi there, it seems https://www.waze.com/user/editor/woodvale has edited this back to how it was, even though I had corrected it to how it actually is in person, as the satellite view is not correct.
Can you please unlock this back down again, and I’m unsure on how to get back in contact with this person so it doesn’t get reset again?

Thanks

Sorry, I was not aware of any changes having been made - I didn’t see the Unlock request and don’t, now, remember what changes I made or why, other than perhaps it looked different from when I was last there a couple of months ago and from the aerial images. I’ve downlocked the car park to L1 so you can correct my bad edits.

Where the map is different from the aerial views, please add a map comment to explain why, otherwise editors will come along and “correct” it.

Thanks, I’ve sorted this again and added comment.
On a side note as I assume you are long standing, is there any way for a L1 to delete a segment without unpinning an adjacent segment and then moving the segment you want to delete to attach directly to it, and then joining them back up in a straight line? Or do I just have to use this workaround until hitting L2?
Cheers

I believe you can only delete a segment you’ve created. If you’ve not read it already, guidance on actions limited by rank can be found in Wazeopedia here.

Hi there,

https://www.waze.com/user/editor/jonv-uk has made an adjustment again to this, restoring it to the satellite image which is no longer correct (I did leave a comment).
This segment:
https://waze.com/editor?env=row&lat=51.37568&lon=-0.11793&marker=true&s=18341690871&zoomLevel=19&segments=412079456
Needs deleting which I will not be able to do as a L1, can the rest be downlocked again to L1 so I can fix again?

Thanks

The car park roads have been downlocked to L1.

The changes were most likely reverted to the satelite images due to every lane being mapped in the car park. The Wazeopedia gives guidelines on how to map car parks Wazeopedia/Car Parks

Thanks…

As ditchi56 already reminded in post 2 of this thread, the car park was mapped correctly and not overdone either as per the guidelines.
It was clearly reverted because the satellite imagery was assumed to be correct, which my comment said it was not, please do have confidence in your new users if possible, as everyone keeps telling me “local knowledge is key”, it would be great if people could admit when they have just made a mistake.
Thanks anyway.

Hi, anyone watching:
https://waze.com/editor?env=row&lat=51.37612&lon=-0.11829&s=1681915351&zoomLevel=19&segments=412079456
Needs to please be deleted, I couldn’t edit as it’s still L2.