I got a private message but have no way to reply, Or to find user ?
What can I do ?
You have to reply to the popup while its on the screen. The inbox in the app doesn’t have a reply function yet.
I too would like to know not just how to reply to private messages via inbox, but also how to add people that you see on the map as friends.
Thanks
Thank you to AlanOfTheBerg who answered the question asked by reef_kish. I had the same question and have found it answered here.
Now that it’s 1 1/2 years since the original post, I would have hoped that the Waze app would have a reply function in the inbox for replying to private messages, but it doesn’t. I’ll bring this up when I rate this fabulous app.
What is the point of allowing PM functionality, if you can’t use it easily. Being forced to reply when the popup shows on the screen (since there is no other way to reply) is promoting texting while driving, which is illegal. This is something that needs to be implemented into the next update.
That I know of, inbox functionality enhancements are not on the current roadmap.
This is a weird thing to leave as-is. Today I received three messages to discuss an issue I reported, but I was on the phone at the time and couldn’t respond.
This kind of message you can reply to in the inbox in the app, as long as the report is still open and has not been closed.
The developers know about the problem, hopefully it will be corrected for the next version.
Need to be fixed ASAP. Today I was driving on german autobahn. Message pops up and dissapears when directions was shown. Speed about 120kmh. NO POSSIBLE WAY to reply with that speed. No way to reply in inbox. WTH ?
Not that it is an excuse, but it has been this way a long time. Also, thanks for reading the post just before yours which explains what’s going on.
Version 3.9. Now I cant write message even from friendlist. Actually there is no friendlist anymore.
A thread since 2012 and today is May 2015. I do not have ability to reply inbox on Waze App. Even cant reply to my friends or discuss reports with editors. NOTHING. I got instruction from editor but it a ghost button that I cannot find. I am using Iphone 5s on IOS 8.XXXXXXX
Agreed I met a fellow wazer and he somehow pmed me hello and I had no way of knowing how A) he pmed me in the first place whilst driving B) how to respond. I did see the bubble but my response didn’t go threw because of Internet connection I get home and now I’m here.
can reply in the inbox
Still seems to not be fixed…over 12 months now. Really? Maybe consider disabling messaging altogether? Not being able to reply maskes messages as close to useless as you can get.
Still not working! I needed to respond to this person!
I could reply not so long ago, replied to an editor. Just received another message in my inbox after requesting a change, and now I cannot reply from the inbox or from the link shared in the email received!!
what is happening?
Check the location of your Update Request on Waze Map Editor. If the reply function in the app inbox is locked, it might be that your UR was closed on WME.
If you wanted to give more information you might have to contact the editor who closed it by sending him a private message here on the forum.
so still no way to reply to a private message unless you respond to a pop up? really Waze? no bueno :?