L3 > L1 Unlock - North Carolina - Raleigh

Requesting to add parking lot roads for three businesses on west side of this stretch of Wake Forest Road (b/w New Hope Church Rd and Ronald Dr), and to update one new turn restriction at TGI Friday’s/Panda Express parking lot road entrance - now right in, right out only.

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&lon=-78.60858&lat=35.83844&s=70376725&zoom=5&segments=82470441,82470498,508543626,508543625,82470448,82470499

Thanks in advance!

Hello ABelter -

I down-locked two segments so you can fix those turn restrictions. The parking lot roads you added there look good!

I don’t see a need for the additional 3 businesses to get parking lot roads – we don’t add them to every single business, just those where there is a navigation-related reason. We’re particularly sensitive to adding too many cuts into major roads such as Wake Forest Rd, as it’s been shown the Waze routing algorithm performs better with longer road segments.

I will send you a private message with some additional information on Waze editing in NC, including a link to join our online community.

Cheers, dfortney

Thanks dfortney! Good to relock - I’ve made the TR edit to allow the right-in to the PLR at TGI/Panda.

Makes sense on limiting trivial parking lots. In lieu of that, I submitted 2 PURs for approval to update the stop points for the PPs here (to ensure they’re marked on Wake Forest Rd, instead of on the PLR which is closer to the northernmost PP).