L3 - L2, Wheelers Hill, FTG Rd. (Segment missed 1st unlock)

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=145.19844&lat=-37.90784&layers=965&zoom=6&segments=187186554,276122701,246609362 <– Please lower the lvl on these segments so I can put back a Service Road I deleted to fix a U.R. about navigation taking the Service Road as the speed data was faster.

I’m only lvl 2 and forgot that when re-adding the Service Road, I’d need the lvl 3 access.

Dropped to L2.
What road type was the service road that was deleted - street, parking or private?
It’s a bit of a concern that segments are being deleted in this case.

It was a street. I was advised by touring21 once to try and delete a service road to remove the speed data on the segment, as it was being used as a preferred route rather than staying on the main road. In the case touring21 suggested removing the Service Road, I didn’t end up doing it. Mainly because from memory the Service Road was multiple segments and it took me onto another main road then got me to do a u-turn and rejoin the other main road I had already been on.

The segment deleted in this scenario was a single segment that came off and rejoined the main road. Absolutely NO REASON for the deviation to be provided. The fact that this was only a short single segment is the reason I removed it and tried to re-add it.

Could you also unlock this segment please, it was missed?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=145.19844&lat=-37.90784&layers=965&zoom=6&segments=273084132

Extra segment dropped to L2.

The service road would have been in mulitple segments due to it forming a loop, which can cause issues with routing to it. That would not have been the case for the deviation onto the service road here.

Please have a look at the Loops section of the Junction Style Guide page regarding Loops.

The service road could have been changed to private road type, as they have a higher routing penalty. The Routing Penalties Wiki page has further information.

The only users who would be navigating onto the service road would be the ones who live on there or their visitors.

Point taken, if this happens again, I will change the segments to Private Roads. Thanks for the feedback. I have split the segment into 3 this time around. You can re-lock the main road to lvl 3.

Relocked to L3