L4 speed limit change, A31(E), Farnham, Surrey

After the addition of a new works junction just after Hickley’s Corner on the A31(E) in Farnham, it seems the speed limit has been reduced to 40 on this side of the bypass. Waze still has the old 50 limit.

The area in question is here: https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon=-0.79736&lat=51.21250&s=1144389079&zoom=4

The new limit runs from where the limit in Waze currently changes 70 to 50 at the start of https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon=-0.80157&lat=51.20888&s=1144389079&zoom=6&segments=295776105 through to about the corner of the note box here: https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon=-0.79284&lat=51.21452&s=1144389079&zoom=7&segments=306958435. At that point the limit goes back up to 50 again.

I’ve tried to flag the speed limit up in the app a couple of times I’ve passed by in the last week or so, but the notification doesn’t seem to have shown up in the editor. It’s way above my level, so if someone could fix it, that would be appreciated.

Thanks for this report. I’ve updated the Waze map. I’ve also added a Map Comment, which should stay there until GSV (Google Streetview) updates.

Just to confirm, this is eastbound only, no change to the westbound speed limit?

Unfortunately, app Map Issue reports in the Speed Limit category do not appear on WME (the editor).

A little background. When speed limits were first introduced on the app, most speed limits were missing from the map, and quite a few of those which were there were wrong. So we got masses of UR’s. Some editors complained that they were being overwhelmed. Waze HQ’s reaction was to suppress the UR’s. :shock: For a while, they still appeared on the Beta test version of WME, but now they don’t even arrive there.

There’s always going to be a problem with app users reporting speed limits for short-term roadworks, and (UK speciality) variable speed limits on motorways, which we can’t realistically cope with. Nevertheless you may feel that the blanket suppression of speed limit reports is grossly unfair, both on users who make reports in good faith and wonder why nothing happens, and on editors who need information about permanent speed limit changes. :cry:

So if you want to report a missing or invalid speed limit through the app, don’t use the Speed Limit category! :o

That’s right just on the eastbound side, I guess because the works access is only on that side. Thanks for updating it.

I’ll bear that in mind about limits for the future. There was somewhere else I regularly drive where I recently spotted and reported a change but can’t for the life of me remember where. Once I find it again I’ll report it as a general issue.

Thanks again!