HI Guys,
I’d like to request an unlock or to have a new roundabout (plus fourth exit) created.
A736 (Glasgow Rd) @ turn for Blackbyres Rd (next to Esso), ~6/~8m roundabout … tho there will be a small swirl in the A736, that could be aligned as soon as the Satellite image is updated.
They’ve completed the roundabout and they will be doing more work at the area across the road, but for now, the roundabout is physically in place.
Ta much!
HI Jack,
Welcome to Waze. Sorry for not getting to this sooner, have been meaning to drive this way home from work.
I’ll leave you to complete the update once the L5 lock is actioned.
Thanks,
Iain
Those 2 sections are down to 1, so you can add the roundabout. The rest of that A-road is down to 3 for future convenience. :mrgreen:
Post back here when you’re done please. Since the road will not match the aerials, I should lock the new roundabout & connections back up to 5.
@iwrwilliamson: thanks for the welcome! This is on my daily commute 
@Ianhouse: I’ve added the roundabout, also aligning it a bit with the GPS trail that was formed.
I wasn’t able to make the swirl in the road, as it didn’t accept it ‘for that type of road’, so i left that.
There’s a couple of things still need doing here. 
First off, you need to change the type of the roundabout segments to Minor Highway, to match the “highest” connecting segment. Without that, Waze will see this as a “break” in the Minor Highway road and will avoid routing through here on longer journeys.
Also, the segment you have added to the east of the roundabout has its turn disabled. If you’ve done that to stop Waze trying to direct users down there it won’t work. Waze will only direct users onto that segment if the destination point lies on it or closes to it - and if that’s the case, Waze will override the turn restriction anyway because that’s the only way to the destination. Turn restrictions are only a penalty against routing - not an absolute prevention. That turn should be enabled, otherwise it will look like a mistake on the map and other editors will keep “fixing” it.
Information on the above and much more can be found in the UK Wiki - there’s a link in my signature.
I’m not sure what you mean there?
Hi Jack
The roundabout could do with setting to road type minor-highway, following the guidance here https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Creating_and_Editing_a_roundabout#Road_Type
or use this plugin which will do it for you when you hit Q-W https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=819&t=35237
Thanks Guys! Really appreciate the feedback and will do up some more reading before my next big change.
In regards to the turn, i tried to click to get the turn sorted, but it didn’t budge. I’ve done it now, and it’s sorted.
I’ve also upped the road to Minor-Highway, and understand the rule about it too 
Thanks for your patience!
JS
PS. in regards to the swirl, I will leave this until the satellite image is updated. 
Fixed!! :mrgreen:
Thanks NM!!
I suppose the A736 can be locked up again until the Satellite images are refreshed 
All looks good now, so - Done :mrgreen:
Thanks … Tho i see you locked it Lvl 5, whilst the surrounding parts of the A736 is at Lvl 3.
IN addition to this road, there is an exit, which is disallowed, for no reason.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-4.37471&lat=55.81369&zoom=5&layers=453&segments=124019105&env=row
This is a simple street (two way) … please advise, or you want a new topic? (also for the Lvl 5 -> Lvl 3?)
Ian’s locked it at L5 to avoid another editor reverting it in good faith to match the satellite images
As norfolkmustard said - it’s standard procedure to lock bits like this when they don’t match the aerials. All it takes is a vague “General Error” UR and another (well-intentioned) editor may think that the apparently incorrect roundabout is the problem.
No need for another topic now - I’ve fixed that as well. :mrgreen: