Reason for request:
To enable the average speed camera zones and locations for the speed cameras to be corrected.
Link
The East Riding of Yorkshire council has removed all the Gatso cameras and installed Average Speed Cameras along the whole length of the road from the roundabout junction with the A1079/A1174 to its roundabout junction with A1174/A1033. Some of the segments are not yet marked as Average Speed camera zones.
Furthermore the installed cameras are a SPECS 3 Vector where 1 camera can monitor the traffic in both directions, however in response to a previous thread on the subject I have been advised that Waze cannot handle this type of camera and that to solve the problem I need to place 2 cameras (1 in each direction) on top of each other. As can be clearly seen some of the camera icons have some distance between them.
The road is already downlocked from your other request, so you can mark the average speed zone now (independently of mapping the cameras).
Speed camera locking is poorly implemented on Waze. There is no specific lock field. The camera gets locked at the level of the editor who creates/updates it, and then no lower-level editor can touch it. So there is a ratchet effect, “lock” levels of cameras can only go upwards. If I, as an L6, touch a camera, then only other L6’s can edit or delete it. 
Are you willing and able to create new cameras (which would get locked at L2) as required all along this road? If so, I suggest that you make a list of higher-locked cameras that need editing or deleting. At some agreed time, I or another L6 can delete them, and you can immediately create replacements. Actually, it needn’t be quite immediate, but not too long as we wouldn’t want Waze to do a data capture for an app map refresh in-between, since then the cameras would disappear from the app for a cycle.
Then we’ll end up with a line of cameras that most editors will be able to edit 
Ian
Apologies when I tried to make to edits this morning I was told they were still locked at level 4. All segments have been made Average Speed check now and can be relocked.
On the subject of cameras,
I have made as many edits as my editing rank allows, however the following edits still need to be made (From North to South):
Camera 11150194 is incorrect and should be at the same position as 12533313.
Camera 11284841 is incorrect and should be in the same position as 10999312.
Camera 11303628 is incorrect and should be in the same position as 10923973.
Cameras 11193123 and 11311589 are both incorrect, the correct position is roughly between both cameras and can be seen on street view (which is accurate).
Cameras 10787876 and 11274568 are both incorrect, the correct position is roughly between both cameras and can be seen on street view (which is accurate).
Sorted. All the cameras I’ve moved are now locked at L6 
Ian
Ian
Many thanks, at least if they are at level 6 it will people crayoning over them.