My Level: 1
To resolved a reported map issue, this Level 3 segment needs to be updated to disallow u-turns.
Waze provided route to u-turn, but street view and on-site visit confirm presence of no u-turn sign.
My Level: 1
To resolved a reported map issue, this Level 3 segment needs to be updated to disallow u-turns.
Waze provided route to u-turn, but street view and on-site visit confirm presence of no u-turn sign.
Are you referring to the no u-turn sign for Satellite Blvd heading west?
Seen here. http://prntscr.com/8sfvu6
What about from the other direction. The reason I ask is it affects the way we go about preventing u-turns.
That’s correct. We just happened to be there earlier today, heading west on Satellite Blvd when Waze wanted us to make a u-turn at Old Norcross to head back east, which should be prevented based on the no u-turn sign.
On the other side of the intersection, heading east on Satellite Blvd, u-turns don’t seem to be prohibited in the same way they are when heading west.
So if you are wanting to fix this how do you plan on preventing a u-turn from one direction while allowing it from the opposite direction?
That’s a great question, but one I’m afraid I don’t have an answer to.
To be honest, not being sure of how to prevent it going one direction, but not the opposite, is actually the reason I posted this as an update request–rather than an unlock that I make the update myself.
In addition, the directions Waze provides for making a u-turn at an intersection such as this actually complicates it.
In this example, Waze instructs the driver to make a left on Old Norcross, then an immediate left on Satellite Blvd, rather than a simple u-turn.
In theory, one could prevent the left turn from the Old Norcross segment in the middle of the intersection, but that would in effect prevent left turns onto Satellite Blvd by drivers heading south on Old Norcross–something that should by all means be allowed.
I may be overthinking this, but I would hope that the WME would provide some ability for these rules to be enforced.
And not knowing is fine. I was asking so if you did know then great if not then I would assist you in learning. Right now here is the wiki we are following for allowing u-turns in one direction but not the other that applies to this case.
Review it and if you would like to try and fix it then it can be unlocked. If after reading it you decide you do not want to tackle it at this time then that is fine as well… not an issue.
If you are willing to share an email address with me in a PM I can get you added to the SE Slack channel. We use slack as our chat program for editors in GA, AL, and FL.
Thank you for the wiki link. At this time, I think it’s a little beyond my skills, but I did pick up some invaluable information. Thank you!
Having said that, I would be much more comfortable having someone with more knowledge and experience in situations such as this be the one to correct the issue. Once corrected, I’ll take a look at the intersection to see what was done.
I’ll send a PM with my email address. I’m eager to learn as much as I can so that I can help edit and resolve issues much better than I’m able to today. ![]()
Thank you for all of your help!
Just used Live Map to see if it would attempt to get me to make a u-turn at the intersection. In no instance did it, so it looks like this is resolved. Thanks again.