Unlock Request: Orlando FL

Request unlock to fix user gps route late turn request causing a u turn. Like to bring back left turn on ramp to give earlier turn notice where turning Lane begins.

Permalink:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=28.45131&lon=-81.47428&layers=BFTFTTTFTTFTTTTTTTTTFT

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=28.45131&lon=-81.47428&layers=BFTFTTTFTTFTTTTTTTTTFT

Why not just shorten this (see permalink below) segment to 14m so Waze doesn’t route with two lefts? That shouldn’t required any unlocks.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat=28.45009&lon=-81.47205&layers=BFTFTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTFT&segments=65237043

-Aaron

The actual road left turn ramp on is locked so I can even move the end point.
If I move the endpoint to be shorter it can hit the center keep out / barrier of road.
Could it cause an overshoot of the turn?
Would bring it back away further from the turn give better guidance?
Like to understand how the driver sees nav based of curves vs 90 deg bends.

Thanks

My fix doesn’t affect that locked segment and it shouldn’t matter.

From what I’ve been reading the highest priority is drive-ability followed by correctness regarding the aerial view. So if an edit make the road easier to navigate but isn’t 100% precise with the aerials, it’s worth the sacrifice. A perfect example of this is divided roads (actual road) that are represented by a single Waze road. Simplicity is the key.

Not sure if I completely understand your question here. I’m assuming you are talking about a legitamate left turn on the side road. In that case then no.

Again, not sure exactly what you are asking. When you post a permalink about a particular section/segment(s) of road, make sure that segment is selected before you click the permalink. That will cause anyone that clicks on the link to also see it as selected (notice the ‘s=’ at the end of mine).

When you shorten a cross segment a little, the may or may not see a slight bow inward when they are driving depending on how far they are zoomed in.

As far as curves vs 90 deg bends are concerned it can change the routing symbols/indicators (keep left vs. turn left). I’m not sure what the exact angle is. A way around this on curved turn lanes is to zoom all the way in and create a slight jog at almost a 90 deg angle (thanks mapcat). Here is an example (notice on the entry point for that curve): https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=10&lat=41.50098&lon=-81.44872&layers=BFTFTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTFT&segments=66288391

Hope this helps.
-Aaron

The turn of interest with the permalink is:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat=28.45022&lon=-81.47419&layers=BFTFTTTFTTFTTTTTTTTTFT&segments=62228094

Thanks for the tip for highlighting the segment.

This whole intersection looks wear. There is a high way at level -1 and the turn that I highlighted above is at level zero.
Permalink:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat=28.45024&lon=-81.47431&layers=BFTFTTTFTTFTTTTTTTTTFT&segments=63255056

I cant move the endpoint to shorten it cause seems locked.

To fix it needs to be moved shorter as you mentioned. I do not have permissions to fix it.
I hate U forcing fokes to take uturns when they are not needed.

Thanks for your tips but it looks like I am stuck and need someone with higher privilegesto fix it.

The fix I suggested was for the segment where the U-turn was suggested, not the ramp itself. I’m assuming the routing thought the U-turn was better than the direct for whatever reason. If you make a U-turn impossible, it should start routing correctly. Look at my original link and look at the segment that is highlighted when it opens. Hope that helps.

-Aaron

I just looked at your permalink and I can’t see anything that needs to be fixed there.

The highlighted ramp segment is set up like that so as to not allow a U-turn. It doesn’t junction with the westbound traffic because there are no legal turns there. The levels are set differently to prevent automatic junctioning by Waze.

And now I see the problem with the routing. It looks like a corrupt junction. I’ll try to fix it, and hopefully, everything will start working properly with the next map update in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for fixing it.
Can you explain corrupt junction?
I am a newbie at the map editing.

It can manifest itself in two different ways.

Corrupt junction #1: The junction will not honor turn permissions. Either Waze will continue to route traffic through a restricted turn even though there are viable alternatives, or will refuse to route traffic through an allowed turn.

Corrupt junction #2: A junction will give an instruction to turn, even though there is no turn. This usually comes in pairs, and is probably more of a corrupt segment than a corrupt junction.

In order to fix this, you have to re-create the junction, and all of the segments attached to it. Then set the correct turn permissions.

I’ve done this fix about a dozen times and it’s worked every time.

Besides experience, is there a way to tell the difference between a corrupt junction and weird routing because of the algorithm?

via Tapatalk

Weird routing due to traffic avoidance algorithms will usually not be duplicated when you try to simulate it in LiveMap later on.

Corrupt junctions are not common, but in the process of working several thousand update requests, I’ve come across a handful of them and learned how to recognize them.

I’m not drunk…I’m using Tapatalk.