Level4→L2 Unlock: Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hwy4 -AH2 -Hwy 1016)

My Level: 2
Reason for request: Will make a correct U-Turn

Permalink

I have unlocked some of your previous requests.

Finish them first, tell us when we can check and lock back…only afterwards keep requesting for new unlocks

Thanks,
Shmupi

Since there is a connecting road from west I have to use an extra road between both Hwy 4 roads which I cannot do now.
Just like I’ve done before:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=99.64618&lat=11.57379&layers=965&zoom=7&mapProblemFilter=0&mapUpdateRequestFilter=0&venueFilter=0&update_requestsFilter=false&problemsFilter=false

In that way those coming on Hwy 4 will have an extra “Keep right” before “Turn right” when going towards Hwy 1016. At the same time those making U-turn will also have this “Keep right” before “Make a U-turn”

Lowered to 2

Please finish your other edits and update in the forum

Thx,
Shmupi

Do we need to keep this node here ?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=99.78132&lat=11.84005&layers=260&zoom=10&nodes=248073716&mapProblemFilter=0&mapUpdateRequestFilter=0&venueFilter=1&problemsFilter=false&update_requestsFilter=false

And why is this option allowed ?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=99.78132&lat=11.84005&layers=260&zoom=10&segments=300233706,303648218&mapProblemFilter=0&mapUpdateRequestFilter=0&venueFilter=1&problemsFilter=false&update_requestsFilter=false

Do we need it ?

Also this one…looks weird

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=99.78132&lat=11.84005&layers=260&zoom=10&segments=303648218,300233706&mapProblemFilter=0&mapUpdateRequestFilter=0&venueFilter=1&problemsFilter=false&update_requestsFilter=false

and this should be allowed I think

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=99.78132&lat=11.84005&layers=260&zoom=10&segments=291461284,178372126&mapProblemFilter=0&mapUpdateRequestFilter=0&venueFilter=1&problemsFilter=false&update_requestsFilter=false

Thx,
Shmupi

If I take it away I get error i TB: Loops (same connection segments)

Yes, Coming from North you get Keep right + Turn right only with this option.

If you allow that last one you miss the point that you get “Keep right” at first, both when making a U-turn and when turning right. For safety that must be a good thing, doesn’t it?

Thanks,
Lennart

  1. yes. my bad

2-4 , I see you fixed one and fro the others…maybe

We can leave it as is now and see how user will react

Locking it back

BTW …did you locked the previous threads ?

Thanks,
Shmupi

Sorry I misunderstood. I’m rather new to this forum. I thougt is was enough to set the post to “Ok”.
All previous tasks are finished. You can check and lock back.

Thanks,
Lennart

Ok , I’m locking the segments.

No need to lock the threads in the forum

Thx,
Shmupi

Uhm guys, I have the feeling this Z-shaped solution https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=99.79173&lat=11.89344&zoom=7&segments=148634156&mapProblemFilter=0&mapUpdateRequestFilter=0&venueFilter=1&update_requestsFilter=false&problemsFilter=false should be mirrored. Like we have explained here https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Thailand/uturns

Hi,
This is the Large U-Turn. Even if the shape is not exactly as the picture in Wiki, it does work ok.
“The driver will first receive a “Keep Right” instruction, followed by a “make a U-Turn” instruction”
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Thailand/uturns#Large_U-turn_construction
You can test this U-Turn where the tile is updated. Permalink
/Lennart

Yes, I noticed it works the same. This large U-turn is to be used when the turn lane has a length of 200 metres. The reasoning behind this is you need length so there’s sufficient time to have both instructions (keep followed by turn) heard. Pretty sure the total length is not sufficient here. So imo the simple version should be used.

Maybe you refer to the Extended U-Turn? For Large U-Turn it’s 100 metres. In this case the first U-Turn sign is about 250 metres ahead. The lane is about 100 metres.
Imho I would prefer to have this extra “Keep right” even if the lane was shorter. The time between the instructions is in this case not depending on the length of the lane.
For Extended U-Turn it would be that way.

Hi Lennart,

In theory, your mirrored version of the “U-Turn / side street combinations” from the wiki should work. Instructions sound OK, but i’m afraid the timing of the instructions will be a bit too far off, in practice.

Don’t know if you’re a local, and you can test it, but it the actual “keep right” will probably sound, when your car is already halfway in the actual U-turn.

From my tests it became clear that the uturn itself should be a bit further then your true turning point, because otherwise you would get a re-route, since waze thinks you missed it, if you set the U-turn too early.
But in this case, you are still ~20 meters away from your keep right point, and perhaps are never receiving the actual uturn prompt itself (apart from "keep right, and then make a uturn).

Off course my thoughts are also theoretical on this, I haven’t tested it (yet). But just a warning, that it might be better to stay closer to the wiki versions on this one.

Oh, and regarding this 1side street version, this segment could be 1 way :wink:

Hi Arnoniem,

Thanks for your reply. I’m not in Thailand right now so I cannot test it live. Here in Sweden we don’t have so many U-Turns to test on.
If somebody near Hua Hin could try it out in practice I’d be happy.
There is this junction near the Airport. Permalink
Driving from south to Airport should give “Keep right” and “Turn right”. Also a U-Turn should give “Keep right” and “Make a U-Turn”. It would be good to know if the instructions are told in proper time.

One thought; Maybe it could depend on the gps? If the signal is lost some seconds?
Regarding the 1side street version; I let it be 2-ways should somebody connect a road to the other side.
Thanks again for your support.
Lennart