Lv4 - A23 - Streatham High Rd

Hi,

Right turn into Leigham Ave from Streatham High Rd is now no longer possible as a reporter says there is an unbroken median strip on the road, preventing the turn.

Many thanks,
Ian

Done :slight_smile:

Hmmm! Sorry, but I’ve got concerns about this. Banning a turn requires publication of a Traffic Notice in the London Gazette. There’s been nothing concerning Leigham Avenue since 2011, when changes were made to the junction with Leigham Court Rd. There’s nothing in the Gazette, or the Lambeth roadworks site, about changing the turn restrictions at the High Rd end of Leigham Avenue.

I’m happy to leave the turn restriction in place - we’ll soon get another UR or MP, if recent history is to go by, if the turn is still permitted. Meanwhile, I’ll add it to my list of places to do a site visit unless someone else can get there first.

I found lots of info on the regeneration. But nothing specific other than the removal of the central median barriers to allow more pedestrian access.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The reporter was not totally observant. Although traffic can’t turn right out of Leigham Ave onto the High Rd, the median strip is dropped at the junction to allow northbound traffic on the High Rd to turn right onto Leigham Ave.

Confirmed by site visit this evening. I’ve re-enabled the right-turn.

I know this is an old post and I’m new, but it seems that the map is still not recognising the right turn into Leigham Ave. I searched this topic as I continually get alternative routing (going a long traffic heavy way round) from Waze. A right turn into Leigham Ave is most definitely allowed, although when they originally paved the dropped junction it did cause a lot of confusion.

Many thanks

Hi Wishfort,

Welcome to the forums. Your insight into this problem is most welcome and as we all strive to make the waze map a better place, it is a very useful piece of information.

Regards,
Ian

Well it looks like the no right turn into Leigham Ave was re-enacted in March 2016. As I have lost my editing rights at this location, I’ll leave it for another editor to enable the turn again.

Regards,
Ian

Turn re-enabled.

Thanks