Streatham - Junction A23/A214/A216

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&lat=51.42915&lon=-0.13108&layers=BFTFTTTTTTFTTTTFTTTTFT&segments=121627776,121629542,121629469,121628992,142114239

Please could you unlock the segments shown. I can’t edit the roads to correct erroneous forbidden turns that cause Waze to give wrong directions.

Thanks

Woodvale

I’ll do this when I get home. It was probably me that locked them in the first place due to various reasons.

David using Tapatalk

Do you mean you’ll unlock the segments when you get home, or you’ll make the corrections? I’m happy for you to do both, as I’ll be interested in seeing what changes you make to show that you can turn right out of Tooting Bec Gardens into Mitcham Lane and to go south down the A23, while you can’t turn right from Mitcham Lane. The map segments that are in place don’t seem to make that possible.

Thanks

Just looked at it now. I’ve added the right turn from Tooting Bec Gardens into Mitcham Lane and renamed the section there. My mistake here.

As for the turn into the A23, the layout was ok to an extent as the driver would have got a turn left then turn right which is what I experience what doing this turn. However, as I presume you think it should just be a straight across, I’ve added a short extra segment. I’ll see if this generates any user requests and if so consider reverting to the original layout.

I’ve also removed London as the city name from these segments. I seem to spend my life doing this!

PS I assumed the user request sitting there was yours. It showed no right turn on to the A23 southwards but a left northwards.

Thanks - that’s exactly what I thought would have to be done.

The user request was not mine, although I had driven that same route and couldn’t report the problem at the time. I’ll make a point of going through the junction again soon, as I think it’s OK to turn left from the A23 northbound into Mitcham Lane southbound. Certainly the 249 bus does so, but that may mean it’s buses only that are permitted to do that turn.

PS Are there naming conventions for the City field in street-names? I couldn’t find any mention of that on the wiki.

I see you’ve set some of them to Streatham, which is appropriate as it is the locality name, but some are blank. I’ve been going round my own area (South Norwood) setting the city name to that, as, eg High St (city: London) is a bit too generic to be of use.

There is advice for city name in the wiki. In London I’m trying to remove the Londons as it’s next to useless. It’s easier to leave it blank so traffic reports pick up the location from genuine local roads.

David using Tapatalk