Hello;
How do I add new average speed zones on my journey to work, in Leicester? Along the A50, and other areas in Leicester, there are new average speed zones which go live on 1st September: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/new-speed-camera-locations-date-1783667
I am only a level 1 editor, and I don’t think I can set average speed zones on roads.
Hi,
Welcome to the Waze Forum ![]()
I was up there last Friday and also noticed the new Average speed zone. This UR url=https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&lon=-1.24003&lat=52.66687&zoom=4&mapUpdateRequest=12416915[/url] has been started and looks like atrophicshiner has picked it up.
Jon
My ears are burning…
Hi there, yes I’m working on getting the new average speed zones and cameras mapped in Waze, I am adding them when I can confirm the extents of the monitored roads and locations of the cameras, any help you can provide would be appreciated.
I have started a dedicated topic in the roadworks forum for these.
Thanks, that’s great. Not sure how I can help, but I added all the cameras I have seen so far - three each way, average 40 from start to finish on that stretch of the A50.
Cameras are the difficult bit, until Leicester County Council reply to my request. Please ensure you add a 40 speed limit to any cameras you map.
Can you confirm that the camera you mapped at the junction of Lena Drive is a new lamp post mounted camera :?: There is already an existing Red Light Camera here.
Can you also confirm how far the zone extends, we currently have it mapped from the Groby 40mph change to the Bradgate Hill Roundabout, I’m guessing it goes at least to the Field Head Roundabout based on your new cameras.
The new 40mph average speed camera zone on the Bradgate Hill area is now fully active from the 40mph limit change on the A50 Markfield Road right up to just before the Field Head Roundabout.
I noticed today that the fixed camera at the junction of Lena Drive has been bagged over so it looks like the camera is going to be taken out as the average speed zone covers it.
The red light camera at the junction is still active.
Can the average speed zone be activated on the live map? I don’t know how to do it.
This has been mapped but there is currently a delay in the map tile updates that are required to get the changes into the App. There is nothing we can do about this other than be patient.