I reported a new speed camera in Brooklyn yesterday that I happened to fall victim of with a photo flash image taken of my vehicle.
The camera is located approximately 375 Coney Island Avenue Brooklyn NY 11218 (Northbound side) middle of the block. I am not a level 5 editor I can’t add it myself on the editor.
The waze twitter account said an Area Manager must approve it. Can you please review the report and add the camera as this is fairly new and will get many motorist who rely on waze and don’t receive a warning. Thank you very much in advance =)
Cameras can not be added from WME, you must report the camera from the app first, only then can they be approved in the Waze Map Editor.
You have to be at the location of the camera and from your app tap report (the pin button on bottom right) Camera > Speed Camera, and send the report. Only then can we approve it here, (anyone can approve a camera, I don’t think you need to be an Area Manager, you just need to have edit privlidges in the area). We’ll need to know the legal speed limit too, so please reply to this post with the speed limit.
Thanks
I see a camera here reported by someone else, which I approved. For now it is set as northbound only at 25 mph. If there is also a camera southbound, or the speed limit is different please let me know.
I reported the camera in the app on Wednesday approximately 5:15-5:30 PM when driving home from work southbound and chose other side right from across from the camera. It is 25mph speed zone as majority of NYC streets are now 25 mph zones. It should be reflecting on the map next to what is called the “parade grounds” please let me know if it helps.
No Camera south bound on that block. Only northbound middle of block between caton avenue and the loop on the map going northbound.
When I drive to work in the morning, I will advise if it reflects in the app properly as well. Thanks for your help in advance!
Refreshing data only helps if the tiles have been updated already on the server. It usually takes up to 2 days, but in rate cases up to 2 weeks. Search Tile update in the wiki for more info.