Good afternoon guys. Hope everyone is doing well.
I’m a moderator for the app and I’ve added many speed cameras in NYC but the last two I added to the map are not showing up in the live app. The one to the bottom left near Grove St has been there for a few days and the one to the top right near 56th street has been there for a day. Do they need to be approved by a higher level moderator or is there a longer wait period for them to populate? Thanks
https://imgur.com/bbXDBrs
Hi solidjake! We have a whole community of editors in the state that can help you out!
Cameras do not trigger tile updates, so it can take a few weeks to reach the app unless a triggering edit is made alongside that. If you can provide us with permalinks to the camera locations, a higher-level editor can make the necessary edits to force the map tile to update.
If you’re interested in becoming more involved in editing, please check out the New York Wazeopedia page and join our Discord server.
Thank you for the PL’s solidjake. The camera segments have been triggered to allow the cameras to show up in the next few days. Also, as already mentioned by whoaitspete, if you enjoy editing like we do, we encourage you to join our large editing community on the Discord server. Follow the link that whoaitspete sent you. Happy editing and enjoy the rest of your day.
Hi Jake, long time no see…
Lots of thing have changed in WME.
Thanks for your help with these cameras, NYC has need adding them all over the place.
Please feel free to join us on Discord so we can chat with you and help you real time with adding cameras in the future.
Thanks JD
I’m new to this but someone directed me here to request a new speed camera. Located in Glendale New York zip code 11385. It is on central avenue by the corner of 66 street. I have posted an image of it see attachment
Hi X-III-M40! Your photo isn’t coming through. I assume you mean 66th St, not 66th Pl? If so, which corner is it on, and which directions is it monitoring? I think I see a camera on the northeast corner monitoring westbound traffic, but I want to double check. If you can get the picture to work (maybe upload it to imgur or another photo hosting website and post a link) I can match up the buildings. Thanks!
Here are the links for the pictures.
https://ibb.co/304qwVD
https://ibb.co/bQ9b99G
It’s going towards fresh pond road
And yes i mean 66 street
On the image you can see where i started the map chat
Quick side note. Is this the correct page/thread where i should report any new cameras i see?? Also for future reference what should i include?
Thanks! It looks like your original picture came through too. I have added the camera and it should hopefully appear in the app by the end of the week.
This is a good spot to report new cameras. If you have a picture and what intersection (or if in the middle of the street, between which two streets), that should usually be enough for us. But if you can let us know which direction the camera is facing, that will usually help us more. Pictures are more than we usually get, so we love to have them whenever possible to verify it right away. The full picture (especially if you can get the whole pole so we can see the surrounding buildings to find on streetview) is more helpful than the screenshot, but both are fine as well
Thank you, I’ll try my best. I’m sure they’ll be more to come, they have been adding a lot of them everywhere now
Thanks! We have been adding as many as we can when we can confirm them. With 2,000 going in and only so many of us volunteer map editors (and no published database), it’s hard to keep up. We appreciate any boots on the ground confirmations you can give us.
I have 2 new cameras to add. God damn they keep adding more speed traps! Been so many lately
Here is the first new one i saw today images below. This one is on woodhaven boulevard
https://ibb.co/WxgV5Z9
https://ibb.co/m4c1rFy
https://ibb.co/NjY5PgV
I tried getting the best description i can of location. One is on waze the other on google with which way it’s going and another is of the actual camera
NOTE: this one is for the first speed trap
this is the second speed trap camera i manage to catch with the corner of my eye while driving by it. Unfortunately i couldn’t catch a picture but i manage to get the location. Next time i go that i will take a picture and post it.
This one is ON Cypress Hills Street By the corner Shaler Ave
https://ibb.co/LxxTjVW
https://ibb.co/qFk1qM7
Any questions please ask
Thanks! I was able to confirm the one on Cypress Hill from another source, so both have been added
I hope I am adding this to the correct area, I have added a NEW speed camera to the map editor, at 187th Street and 58th ave in Fresh Meadows Queens, NY aiming west bound.
Once I enter and save is that all I need to do or must I post here as well?
Thanks is advance.
Hey Ziggy. You did add the camera but you actually added three separate ones. I can clean that up but just be aware of that in the future. I want to confirm, is the new speed camera on the existing light pole facing 186th or is on a separate pole further east? Thank you.
It is on a new pole further east but it faces west bound. Is this the correct forum to post cameras in queens or should I post somewhere else in the future?
Thank you for the response. I’ve made the necessary adjustments to the camera’s placement so it goes live on the app in the next few days. You can continue to reply here and we will get the request. You can also join us on Discord if you enjoy editing and advise us there on any new cameras. There is a community of map editors sharing knowledge, tips, tricks, and best practices for really making the map work for Wazers. You can follow this link https://discord.gg/USSbJYk to join us on Discord. There are multiple channels available introduce yourself as a new editor, and you’ll get plenty of help. After that one of the channels is “new_york” - this a great way to connect to our Area Managers, State Managers, Regional Coordinators and other editors. I hope to see you on our Discord server. Thanks again.