Could these three segments please be unlocked to L2, so that I may update the turn restrictions?
Yep, check the elevations whilst you’re there too.
Thanks Clem…
I’m off home, so can you also please remove this node?
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=152.99230&lat=-27.23004&layers=933&zoom=7&nodes=175305756
Thanks.
oh… and please check my ramps to make sure I haven’t missed anything?
Hi Barky,
The junction node is gone.
Set your ramps at Primary Streets so that they are the same grade as the lowest intersecting segment.
Oh and that little housing development just to the west with some missing roads. There’s an easy few points in there for you too.
Sorry Clem, I’m not entirely sure what you mean by this… do you mean elevation? Or do you mean the ramps from/to each node should intersect the primary street at the same place?
It’s a weird term but if you see the word grade when talking about roads in waze people mean the road type. The word grade I assume refers to the " grading" of the road from private road up to freeway. You might see the term at-grade which just means the intersecting roads are the same type. AT the same GRADE. So in this case you should only use ramps on and off freeways and highways. Use the same road type as the lowest intersecting for all others.
Here is some information about At-grade connections from the Junction Style Guide page
Ah, I think I know what you mean now.
Thanks…
is it right now?
Looks good now.
Does this intersection even need slip roads?

Hard to tell drom a pic (without scale info), despite the term KISS comes to mind. I’d try GPS tracks as a source of information for a decision, if necessity is given there…

well at least its not dual carriage
Great…the only GPS track suggesting necessity is the one sliproad not mapped. I’d simplify that junction, easy 12 edits/36 points as well, if I count right ![]()
May be even more due a lot of seperate junction nodes, if I see this right on the pic…
That’s the way I see it also
I’m not sure that’s how Australia see’s it.
Its a country of dual carriage roads and slipways.
Yep, but we know how it is…in the beginning of editing you think it necessary to map every detail…with time comes knowledge and wisdom on the beaty of simplicity. I remember disussions on that in the past…about the indispensability of split roads… ![]()
yeah I didn’t think so either, added them because there were two there already.
I’ve taken them out again, let’s see how the intersection goes.
Hi Barky,
Yes it’s tricky sometimes to decide whether to keep going with the status quo of the intersection or not. Sometimes it’s a case of guesstimating whether the lanes have been added as a result of a report or not.
I’ve dropped the next section of Old Gympie Rd for you to delete the remaining junction.
Also if you hover of the selected segment and press ‘d’, it will delete the geometry nodes left behind from junction deletions (where the road doesn’t need them).
Also the elevations can be dropped to Ground too, another 3 or 4 edits there.
looks good

Now for the rest of Australia