Could use an upgrade. Perhaps vBulletin based. Only because the current design sometime is hard to really read posts or nothing really pops out as far as user names, quoted posts, etc. I don’t know much about phpBB but every time I come here I tend to not stay too long. It’s like staring into a white wall :lol:
Yeah, I agree. But, I believe that there is a lot of custom code invested here, which makes upgrading more difficult. There is a single user database for the forums, the wiki, and the Waze app. The forum was likely heavily modified to access another database for user account information. Upgrading means finding/remembering/pulling out your documentation (likely doesn’t exist) from when you did the initial modifications, and applying them to the new version. Maybe, if the code is properly modularized, it isn’t as big a deal as I think it might be, but who knows…