Searchable new roads

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=-3.40881&lat=55.95976&layers=3045&zoom=5&segments=247768471

Was responding to a UR about the above street, Maude Close.

Are new streets only searchable if they appear on Google even if they’ve been mapped in Waze?

The street doesn’t appear on Google so searches on Waze and Google take you to nearby Maude Place.
I have added it to Google Map Maker, but it’s still pending approval.

I tried searching for “Maude Cl, Kirkliston, UK”, and ignoring the Maude Pl it came up with and selecting “more results for Maude Cl”. That found it OK. (The UK may not be necessary if you are in the UK, which I’m not at the moment.)

Needs to be in google maps to be found. google geolocates the road name and presents a set of co-ordinates to waze, waze then shows those co-ords on the waze map. If there’s a road nearby in the waze map with the right name then it’s a fortuitous bonus.

More results for me only brought up Maude Pl again.

Some of my Map Maker changes in recent months have been approved quite quickly. I’ll see how this one goes.

Thanks gents

Feel free to shoot me down here, but I thought one of Waze’s big plus points is:

That’s true though. The map has it, and routing uses it. But search doesn’t.

You can manually tap that road as a destination, but you can’t search for it until it’s in Google maps.

Which I suppose is OK if you know where it is, but chances are if it’s a new road, you won’t know. :smiley: