Speed Camera Voice announcement is not working reliably

Just voted over there, and I think everyone requesting speed cameras sound alert under the allowed speed limit should also vote.
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-waze-suggestion-box

N.B. You need to create a new login account, it’s not the same login as of this forum.

I’m having the same issue. Anyone had any developments with Waze direct?

Waze staff does not actively monitor these forums.

It used to alert you when there is a speed, camera ahead what happened to that alert

I need that back please

I just got a speeding ticket because Waze did not warn me there was a speed trap ahead!
This is why I use Waze and not google maps!
I am not happy with these updates :frowning:

One correction to your comment ~ you got a speeding ticket because you were speeding. Waze did not make you speed.

On iOS, the voice alerts have become totally unreliable. What is going on? I see a cop on the side of the road. No audio alert. I pull up my Waze app and there it is!

The alerts used to be totally reliable. Now it’s hit and miss whether I get an alert or not for speed cameras, red light cameras, police etc… What happened?

What did you mean under ‘speed Limit placed on the camera NOT the road’?
​​How did you do this?
The only option I have is to set a speeding threshold to 'At speed limit ’

Not the same feature at all. The app speed limit threshold is a feature that applies everywhere if you set it in the app so it’s a personal setting (if speeds have been set to road segments in Waze Map Editor, most are).

We are talking about speed camera warnings which are based on speeds set to cameras in Waze Map Editor and those warnings apply to all users (if you have warnings enabled in app).

But how to do this? How to set speed for cameras on Waze?

Those are now set by voluntary map editors of each region who have high enough editor rank in Waze Map Editor. Same people that solve reports of map problems you and other users can send from app, draw new roads to map etc.

How is this even a thing. Now speed camera alerts are useless and never work, I’ve had people I recommended Waze to say they don’t use it anymore because speed camera alerts don’t work, there’s no audio warning anymore. This is basic stuff how are you making this feature worse

The correct camera positioning and camera speed limit, for audible voice announcement even under the road speed limit.(unavailable attachment: WME Correct Editing.png)(unavailable attachment: WME Wrong Editing.png)

+1 on adding a toggle switch for this.

Introducing it transparently like this makes people doubt how reliable waze is when they get the alerts inconsistently.

For me the design of the app is inconsistent as it is.

  • By default there are many alerts which are turned on, causing a constant spam of voice messages.
  • Yet one of the most important ones (speed cameras) is silenced to keep noise down…

Have you considered muting other alerts by default and leaving speed cameras on all the time? With perhaps a switch to customize it…

I’m having also problems with speed camera alerts. But I made notice that when I’m not using navigation, speed cameras alerts works (voice alert + visible notification on LCD). But when I’m navigating to some destination, then only a visible notification appears to LCD and no voice alert.
I have tried also with different settings in navigation settings/voice and sound/sounds “alerts only” and also “on”. With “On” settings voice guidance gives a lot notices during navigating, but speed cameras are “silent”, only alerts appear on LCD. Earlier it worked fine. Looks like some kind of update or upgrade had made a change to it.

That might also be related to your speed. Audible alert comes only if your speed is above the speed set in camera when you reach the alert area, roughly 500m before it. If speed is not above it, there will be only that visible alert.

I noticed that in this last days, I completely stopped hearing the alert even if I’m going above the speed limit. I tried checking my settings and reinstalling the app but with no success.
Live in Portugal, have a iPhone 15 Pro Max iOS MU793QL/A iOS 18.2 and the latest Waze version installed 5.2.0.1