Speed camera warning failure

Hi everyone,
Living in West Wales, I don’t have much to do with speed cameras but have been trying to assist with some old URs in London.

One here, says that the warning is not going off for the camera.

I’ve just gone to check on it and iainhouse has updated it again today but I can’t see if there is anything different.

For future undertsanding, assuming iain has sorted this one, what should I be looking for?

I haven’t even looked at it yet, but I can tell you one thing: I did not edit this camera today! :lol:

I was the last person to edit it - that’s why my name’s on it. But every time a user clicks the “not there” button in the app, the last edited date changes. If it still works (don’t think it does), the thumbs-up button does that as well.

For all cameras, ignore the last-edited date. :wink:

I’ll try & have a look at this one in a little bit.

I’ve no explanation for why it’s not alerting for this user. All the normal checks are OK - the camera is right on the correct segment; the settings are correct; the GPS tracks show the segment is in the right place (aerials aren’t off).

There’s the very obvious question: does the user have alerts for speed cameras turned off? But it sounds like he/she is sensible, so I doubt it’s that.

I can replace the camera if you want?

Sounds like a good idea :sunglasses:

Done. Let’s see if that helps.

I know average speed cameras only alert if the user has an active route running. If the app is just open they don’t alert. Is this the case with normal speed cameras too or should they alert regardless of whether an active route is running or not?

You should get an audible alert when you are exceeding (or near to) the set speed of the camera. If the camera is set to 0mph you will always get an audible alert. You should always get a banner notification of cameras ahead even if below the set speed.

Legacy wiki as Wazeopedia is missing this page.

That is assuming you haven’t turned off alerts for cameras in the App.

EDIT: Added linky link

Hi All, is anyone aware of a recent problem with the speed camera warnings. I have picked up 2 URs in the last few days with drivers reporting no warnings. This is a fairly rare report (for me to see) so I wondered if the is a current problem?
Cheers

Permalink

EDIT - forget the second one, it turned out to be something completely different!

Permalink