[SUPPORT] - UK speed camera issue - an update please?

I know there is already a similar thread to what i am going to ask here (http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8734&p=90591&hilit=speedcam&sid=0dbad81b992cf3c15af0384c29fb278d#p90591) but I make no apologies for posting a new thread as I didn’t get any answer from the higher ups about it last time.

I cannot be the only one who has noticed this problem (and before anyone has a moan, yes I have searched for an answer before posting).

What is happening with the UK (and probably other places) Speed Camera alerts??
All the speedcams (to the best of my knowledge) that are authorised show up on the client map just fine.
The problem is that although you get notification that they are there on the client, if you approach (it seems) any speedcam above the speed it has been set to in papyrus/cartouche it DOES NOT trip it to give the red visual or the audible alert any longer.

As an example, it is possible to legally approach this speedcam https://world.waze.com/cartouche/#?zoom=5&lat=53.81341&lon=-2.89319&layers=BTFFFTTTTTTTTFTTTTT at 20mph (33 kph) above what it is set at and nothing other that the normal notifcation.
The same can be said of this one
https://world.waze.com/cartouche/#?zoom=5&lat=53.86687&lon=-2.81524&layers=BTFFFTTTTTTTTFTTTTT&cameras=48389

And there are lots of others in my AOR that do the same thing.

Now if this is a known issue and if this is being worked on could someone in Waze Towers just give me an update as to what if any progress is being made, and I will gladly climb back into my Sandcastle and find something else to grumble about.

Ta

Hi Seasider, I tend to approach pretty fast and have often not had a red alert - just blue!

I’m based in Blackpool but travel all over north & Scotland.

Regards SWT62 (Blackpool)

Agree. Since new version (3.0) there is no visual difference. But I do get a voice alert.
But I miss The visual.

And about cameras. In the new editor, all cameras is visualized 180 degrees wrong. Indicating heading in The opposite direction.
I heard that in UK The cameras take you picture from behind. But here in Sweden it always take it from The front.
It has become à messup since we now have AM’s turning around cameras making them stop working.

Same in other countries?

Hi
can confirm that in UK 99% of horrid speedcams do picture you from the rear. I believe that that is how they are set on the world server, so on the editor I can only suggest that they need to be set as if they photo from the rear even if they take pictures from the front or you will not get the correct alert and it will only tell you at all if you are approaching from the wrong direction.

of course, willing to get back into my sandcastle if proved wrong :smiley:

This has been confirmed by support, you should assume the camera is picturing you from behind and adjust as necessary. It’s unlikely that this will change I would say.

Hi,

As for the cameras not giving alerts as you approach them in high speed:

If you use Android, it will be solved in the new version.
If you use an iPhone please enter Debug mode (navigate to 2##2).
And if you encounter this issue, go to settings –> Help —> Send logs.
(Just mail us to alpha@waze.com saying you’ve sent the logs, the reason for sending them, your username and the date & time of when you’ve sent the logs).

Thanks,
Eyal.

Could someone illustrate the proper placement of the red dot for red-light cams and speed cams in Papyrus? I’m still confused and I’m afraid I messed a few up.

Assume the camera is behind you so camera -> red dot = direction of travel.

Gurg. Someone hasn’t been doing their “job” … http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Cameras:_Speed%2C_Red-light%2C_and_Dummy

Even for Red Lights? That’s really confusing.

Yes. The direction from camera to red dot is the direction of traffic the camera will trigger to report on the client. It is confusing at first, but that’s the way it got set up, so we can get used to it. :slight_smile:

For all of them

Crap! For some reason I thought red light cams were opposite. Now I gotta remember where I screwed 'em up.

Can I suggest changing the red dot in cartouche to, say, an arrow? That way there’s be no ambiguity.

I’m still getting no warnings for many uk speed cameras, despite deliberately approaching a few of them at 10mph over the limit to prove the point last night. I then verified the speed cameras were set correctly on the map. When can we expect a new version that fixes this issue for android? With the best will in the world, I can’t risk losing my license just to use this system.

Can you post a permalink to a camera you are having problems with please.

Agreed - also not getting audio or visual alerts at numerous cameras, even though I can see them on the map - I can’t risk my licence using an incomplete Waze product. My wife and I are both going to have to stick with Telmap (also free), so that’s 2 less wazers straight away…

Wait! Since when is your navigation program responsible for the speed YOU choose to drive? If you don’t speed, there is no risk for your license, no matter how many speedcams are not present / not announced in Waze (or any other nav program).

Huh? Is Telmap so confident about their maps that they took the disclaimer out?

And this is one of the many reasons why there’s resistance from the editing community to not add speed limits to the map. You end up with sillyness of people believing the GPS instead of the signs on the side of the road.