Camera Not updating to map

So this Speed Camera is really annoying me now.

Originally it wasn’t giving an alert, so I deleted it, reported a new one in the same place, which someone else deleted before I could approve.

Anyway, manged to get it there in the end, but now its not even showing on the map, let alone giving an alert.

Any ideas, are cameras stored on another layer that is updated less often or something?

Edit: the permanlink helps :slight_smile:

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat=51.41184&lon=0.21842&layers=BFTFFTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTFT&cameras=1583048

I can see one on the CW c/way. Is that the one you mean? Created 31 January.

I’ll drive past it later, but I think I was being a noob, I could have sworn I did a force refresh, but seems I hadn’t, scrolling to the same area it seems to be there now.

Bloody annoying that you have to do that though.

Not that audio alerts do not trigger at the correct speed, due to a bug in the client. You should still get a popup, however.

yeah am aware of that, but couldn’t even see it on the map at all.

)previously I didn’t get the pop up ever, hence the recreation of it, hopefully it will be better now.

OK, its now showing on my client, but same issue is occuring, no warning at all so, I am beginning to think this is a bug here.

I have a theory, but need people to test/confirm.

All the cameras that I know work, are on straight sections of roads.

So far all the ones I have found that do not, are on bends

We have the camera dot that faces the direction of travel, could it be that if that doesn’t line up exactly with the way you are heading, no alert.

Do you have a specific example that shows this? The one you posted originally looks to be on a reasonably straight bit of road.

Here’s another one I have driven past and received no warnings for.

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lon=0.56605&lat=51.29518&layers=BFTFFTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTFT&cameras=3883

ts a only a slight bend on the M25 one but could be enough, hence why its a theory, but I am trying to find examples of ones that I know work, but each one I have found so far is almost dead on straight.

I tried an experiment here.

The camera is on Grove Park Road facing north, right on the junction with The Crossway. There’s actually one of those speed annunciator signs there, so hopefully people will believe it’s supposed to be there. (Actually that’s a lie - I put in the camera and then only noticed the annunciator when I tested. :oops: I’ll have to delete the camera soon, otherwise I’ll give somebody the idea that they should report annunciator boards :lol: )

I approach that camera from the SW, so it’s right around a 60 degree bend as I approach it - and the client warns me of it normally. So it kind of blows out the theory of “doesn’t line up exactly with the way you are heading”.

I’m happy to try a couple more “bend tests” if you want? With daily updates at the moment, my extra cameras shouldn’t confuse anyone for long!

Thanks Iain, am I right in thinking you are not far from the m25, can you take a drive past the camera in question and confirm I am not going crazy :slight_smile:

EDIT: Although worth pointing out, I keep fiddling with it, so it may suddenly start working lol

Its definately not just bends (but they may not help), just went out to verify a few cameras that I thought were not working.

Here’s a list. The first one is as straight as you can get…

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=51.44836&lon=0.19552&layers=BFTFFTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTFT&showur=652970&endshow=&cameras=1486123

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=51.4408&lon=0.24013&layers=BFTFFTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTFT&showur=652970&endshow=&cameras=1119428

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=51.44295&lon=0.23853&layers=BFTFFTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTFT&showur=652970&endshow=&cameras=1091029

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=51.44839&lon=0.23759&layers=BFTFFTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTFT&showur=652970&endshow=&cameras=1188826

Now interestingly, I received a pop up for this one, despite coming off at the exit (although the camera does cover the exit.

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=51.45116&lon=0.24124&layers=BFTFFTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTFT&showur=652970&endshow=&cameras=1204064

Don’t know when I’ll get time - between chasing down ancient URs, working (been running a 2-man IT department single-handed for a year now) & kids, I never get time to actually go anywhere. :lol: I’ve been trying to make a trip to the Old Kent Road to check a road closure for a couple weeks.

I will try and test the one between Crayford & Dartford. That’s not too far away and it’s on a straight road - if it doesn’t alert, it can’t be the bend problem.

I drove past the first one on your list above (on A226 Dartford Road where you’ve left a UR). No warning whatsoever, although it was clearly visible in the client.

Ok so its not just me then.

So unless anyone else can see why these might not be working, suggest we pass to waze hq.

Should have asked, what client are you using, Android or Iphone?

Would you say this is a client issue, or a server side issue. Just trying to work out what expert would be best to take this on with Waze…

iPhone 4S, still on iOS 5.1.1, but with the latest Waze client (3.6).

The test camera I did in Mottingham showed up the same day I created it. That was too quick for a map update, so the cameras are presumably supplied by the server directly - much the same as petrol station details. So I would think it’s a server-side issue.

Random bring alive of this post again:

Right update, in the latest android beta, most of the cameras that were not working, are now alerting.

And I believe they are verbally alerting when going over the speed correctly, but need to confirm.

only one left, the one in Crayford.