Hi, is there any way to turn off speed trap alerts?
This is driving me nuts. There are SO many of them with the wrong speed on. I read Waze is only supposed to alert you if you go over the speed limit, but most of the traps are clearly wrong. IF the alert was a sound or a beep that’d be OK but the whole “speed trap ahead” is annoying.
The best solution would be for you to edit the map remove unneeded speed cameras, and approve the correct one. Then it is fixed for everyone.
I think the problem is that if like me you do a lot of miles driving different roads all the time this is not possible.
There is a way do do this but it does involve deleting files from you phone.
Are you iPhone, Andorid or other?
But if no one makes the changes it doesn’t improve, and isn’t that the point of the Waze project? No-one is saying you should edit every route you drive, but if everyone had a ‘can’t be bothered to improve’ attitude Waze would still be a load of useless base maps.
Hi,
Can’t say I have ever received an audible report for a cam. The half screen warning prompt is annoying enough! That and the fact you have to wait 12 seconds for the warning to disappear.
But I would have thought if peeps were getting warnings for cams that were not there then hit the “not there” button.
Or turn off the cam warning, if you don’t break the speed regs you have nothing to worry about do you.
Des. . . ![]()
It is annoying when the speed is set wrong (remember in WME you need to set the speed in km!) as that will give you the warning even if not speeding. If you’ve hacked your device to use TTS I don’t think you get them anyway (only for red light cams).
It could be a frequent mobile location which would be useful to retain …
Indeed, I think here you’re preaching to the converted though as we’re all editing addicts here!
The base maps were worse than useless!
My comment wasn’t really aim at you specifically ![]()
The strength of Waze is that users actually have a ability to affect the product and that fixing issues like this yourself should be encouraged rather than adding the ability to bypass the faults that could otherwise be resolved yourself.
I have actually edited the speed cameras but they never seem to work properly. They’re set to the correct speed in km/h but still get the audio alerts all the time.
it doesn’t help either that maps take so long to update, and that people seem to believe that “average speed cameras” are the same as normal speed cameras. There’s really little point to set the locations of average speed cameras unless waze introduces a feature to support average speed checks between two specific points.
as I said, even after I’ve edited the speed cameras, they don’t really seem to work at all. I always get the audio alerts even if I’m driving 10 mph under the speed limit. Heck, today I get an alert when I was stopped at a traffic light!!!
Well map edits take a while to come through to the app (at the moment a few weeks) so it may just be that your edits aren’t live yet.
I’ve been driving the same route twice every day for the last 4 months and not once have the speed camera alerts worked properly.
Post a permalink and I’ll have a look…
I just found out that there are only audible speed trap alerts if you are navigating.
If you are only cruising with waze on there are only optical warnings. Popups.
Would be nice if the audibles would sound in cruising mode as well…