Strange routing options

I’m in the SF Bay Area…Alameda to be specific. I take 880 to get to Redwood City. When I start Waze from home, and look for the shortest commute options, Waze always skips the Dumbarton as an option, and presents me with the following three choices (number 3 being the incorrect one):

  1. San Mateo Bridge (880 south - 92 west - 101 south)
  2. Bay Bridge (880 north - 101 south)
  3. Circle the bay! (880 south - 101 north)

Why is option #3 not offering the Dumbarton Bridge? When I get a bit further along in my commute, the Dumbarton is eventually presented as an option, and the timing is always shorter than going all the way until 880 hits 101. This means I have to keep looking at my phone and trying to access routing options until the new option is presented. That’s both inconvenient and more unsafe than being able to select my route before I start driving… Any ideas why this might be happening? It’s not new…it’s been going on for some time.

I’m on an S7 Edge running Marshmallow 6.0.1 and Waze 4.18.0.1

KeithJ2,
Just to confirm, do you have your navigation setting for route types as, ‘fastest’ or ‘shortest’?? You mentioned, ‘shortest’ and that’s why I ask.

Send me a PM with your specific start & end points along with the time of day you normally start that route. I can review the map and the routes to see if there is anything significant that could be hindering your preferred route. I will also explain how the routing server works and why you may or may not be seeing the routes you feel you should be seeing.

Also, please ensure you have the most current version of the app.

Thanks.