Traffic Light Issues

This may be a stupid question so please point me in the right direction if it is. How does one indicate that a traffic light is out sing Waze? I have never come across an option on my daily commutes which seems absurd, especially when we live in a country where load shedding, power failures and theft lead to such a high number of essentially useless colourful poles at intersections…

Looks like it was discussed HERE and the app feature request was done HERE but that nothing came of it. I’d say report it as a hazard with “traffic light faulty” as the comment.

Thanks elphix, much appreciated. I will take a look and take your advice for the future.

Some feedback…

I have been using the general Hazard report and inserting ‘Traffic Light Out’ as a comment. It does the job but is not 100% safe as it takes some time to type out the comment. A Traffic Light Our or Faulty option would be a far better solution.

I came across a an intersection today with red lights flashing. I could not find a quick way to report it so I thought I would come to the forums to make a suggestion only to find it seems to have been suggested many times. Is there a way to report traffic light issues, especially flashing red, without having to hit Hazard and then type a reason? That method is too cumbersome, especially if you are the driver and can only safely use the triple tap and then voice command. It should be “Flashing red light” and Waze should mark it at the intersection closest to you. Thanks.

PS - I was the passenger today and still couldn’t figure out how to report this while I was still within reasonable distance of the intersection.