Unlock Request - Kissimme FL

There is a turn where multiple people have requested a map update. The turn had a separated road starting back too far where a turn lane started. It was tricking people’s gps into thinking that they could only turn right and then u-turn if they were closer to that “road”. I deleted the turn lane, and was going to fix it, but then realized that the road is locked to up to level 5. I am only level 2.

Deleting the turn lane made it so that you can now turn left, but not right.

Need to make small turn and allow both right and left turns.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat=28.28474&lon=-81.35098&layers=TBFTFFTTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTTT&segments=67017836&env=usa

I looked at the intersection and made some changes. That may have been a time of day issue, as they’re only on one day. If the reports were spread over several days, then I could see there may definitely be something wrong.

Yes, I did put the ramp back, but further down the street, I changed the segment between the two major highways to a service road to see if that stops the routing. If it doesn’t then we can look at it again.

Also, check your PM inbox.

I bet the problem is that unnamed Primary Street segment between Shady Ln and the ramps. Set it to a Ramp type (or Major Highway, but I would use Ramp) and Waze should start to prefer it to the right-then-U-turn.

But by turning it into a ramp, what’s going to happen with the primary street coming from the other direction?

I don’t believe there will be an adverse effect. Turning it into a Major Highway may be better, though, in that case. Since it’s used by some traffic to go from a Freeway to a Major Highway, it’s somewhat of an at-grade connector.

I did turn the road it was U-turning to into a service road, so I’m thinking that may do it. I could even go back and change it to a parking lot road. I’m wondering what’s going to happen now, with the service road

Thank you. I was going through and trying to resolve some reports. There was a cluster of the same report, and I didn’t have permission to fix it. Hopefully that solved it.

As far as I know, service roads route exactly the same as streets. The type is destined to be eliminated altogether. Turning it into a parking lot road would make it unavailable when it was needed.

We’ll see what happens. I may make some more changes later. Check your PM inbox, vb, for a very important message.