Waze support map update request: Wazer is reporting a road should be tagged as an unpaved or dirt road in the Map

Hi,

We’ve received a map update request to Waze support and we’re posting here on the user’s behalf. The link to this post will be forwarded for the user to follow up.

This is the user’s request:

Wollombi Rd, Bucketty,

New South Wales

Australia[Request type (please choose the relevant one):

  • Road Type issues (Highways, Private road, Parking)

https://www.waze.com/live-map/directions?from=place.ws.row.41503682.noneUser is saying that the road should be tagged as a unpaved or dirt road in the Waze Map since they already set their Waze to avoid unpaved but still they are being routed to this road since it was not updated in Map.

Thanks,

The Waze Support team

I have reviewed Wollombi Rd on the Waze map. Sections of it were already marked as Unsealed (Dirt Road), I have added the flag to another couple of sections based on the Google Street View I found,

It would help to find out where the user was routing “from” and “to” and which route was more ideal (if known) so I can try and resolve the issue experienced.

Thanks for reaching out to the editing community with the issue.

I was navigating from Freemans Waterhole NSW to Saint Albans NSW with ‘don’t allow unpaved roads’ selected in my preferences.

See the attached screen shots.

From the turn of at Bucketty onto Settlers Dr (This section is listed as Settlers Dr on Waze but Great North Road on Google) the road is unpaved continuing onto Wollombi Rd and unpaved to the outskirts of Saint Albans.

Thanks for replying
I renamed that section which Waze listed as Settlers Rd to Great Northern Rd last night after checking an allowed road name source.

The section closest to Bucketty appeared to be a narrow sealed strip in Street View before it gave way to unsealed dirt road

I will checkout the routes from Freeman’s Waterhole to St Albans shortly and see what other routes are a available.

Waze Live Map is now giving me a route turning off at Central Mangrove onto Wisemans Ferry Rd and Saint Albans Rd approaching St Albans from the south. These road appears to be bitumen most of the way (if not all) but has two ferry crossings on it.

Thanks for your efforts,

I can see on your link the changes you have made. Yes, there are 2 ferries in this route, it’s the only way to avoid dirt roads.

My Waze app is still not updated to reflect these changes. When will these changes push through to the app maps?

Than you for your efforts