You do not have permission to make some of the changes

I am a level 1 Editor and am editing within the Level 1 guidelines. I have been able to add new roads in our new subdivision previously but for the last few weeks have been receiving “You do not have permission to make some of the changes”. I have about 20 roads to add and it is frustrating not to be able to do so. What’s the problem and how can it be fixed? Thanks for your help

Hi @MR3806

Thanks for your post. Frustratingly, all level 1 editors are currently restricted because of a map vandalism issue that occured. Fortunately not in Australia. I know its a bother when you have perfectly good edits you need to make but ultimatley the integrity of map accuracy is always paramount. I would ask you to hang in there and bookmark any edits you want to make as eventually privledges will be restored. In the meantime if there is anything urgent please feel to post in the forum or you are most welcome to join us over in Discord https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=257551

Thanks. It’s been 2 months since this issue has been in progress. Surely there’s some way to resolve it. In the meantime could I be raised to a level which enables me to add the roads in this new estate?

It’s not really a bug. It’s more of a corporate thing that we have no control over. And you can only level up by making more edits, so unfortunately you can’t do anything atm but just wait.

Plus one. Keen to do some updates. Just have to wait I suppose

I hope you’re all back to editing again as this restriction was lifted a couple of months ago.