Don’t know about revered but I’ll do it. Is that the original permalink?
@John
I’ll stay out of your way down there. Have fun! ![]()
I can’t create a permalink that gives you all the locked segments visible so they can be worked on.
The whole road isn’t locked throughout from the A233 down to the roundabout at Farnborough Village where is goes back to single carriageway, but the number of locked segments significantly outnumber the unlocked ones! It’s a shame the Colour Highlights script uses red to show locks - red against red doesn’t really show up!
Both carriageways are locked around the A233 junction itself, then the southbound is locked from here all the way to here
and the northbound carriageway is locked from the that last segment through to here.
I think I’ve got all those permalinks right.
You’re revered because you’re in the top 10 on the INTL Scoreboard and #1 in the UK!
any particular areas/issues you need us to look at?
I think I’ve done all that you need but please post any further permalinks. Struggling with both wme and my brain. Not sure which is worse this afternoon.
I need the roundabout at Farnborough Village unlocked so I can get the connections and turns right.
Otherwise, it’s done, and all locked again.
done
Thanks, completed and locked.
I looked at updating the A-Road Progress Tracking page in the wiki, but frankly don’t understand what has to be done. I found the note about signing entries with four ~s completely confusing, as none of the existing entries has these characters visible at all. I’d have to add the A21 as an entry, as it’s not listed at the moment, but I don’t see the point of the number in brackets hyperlinked to the SABRE entry when the A42 is hyperlinked perfectly adequately.
I’m still doing a lot of learning on editing the map - I think mastering updating the wiki as well is a step too far at the moment.
Atrocious! ![]()
It’s far from complete yet anyway, sections are incorrectly named.
I have corrected some turn restrictions. Think we need to go down the road, start to finish, then we can update the Wiki.
The 4 tildes insert that name and date stamp data you see on the wiki page.
Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
I’m puzzled. I went down the entire length of the road that I singled on Google Streetmaps and checked every turn restriction. I used OS Opendata and checked on Streetmaps to ensure I got the right road names for each segment.
What did I miss?
Sorry Are you talking just by Locksbottom, as I was talking about the whole road. In terms of high level lock and completing the wiki ![]()
Hope you didn’t think it was complaining about your work, cause that’s not what I meant.
Whilst we are on the subject I did just notice this segment here has bromley where the ones either side have locks bottom.
Of course, I had to leave a deliberate mistake to check whether my work was properly reviewed ![]()
Strange that - WME showed you as the last editor for that one - but I’ve set Hastings Rd to be in Bromley for its whole length - it wouldn’t make sense for it to shown in Locks Bottom as that is further south-east of where Hastings Road runs.
I was in two minds on whether to use Locks Bottom as a location but I think it’s reasonable to think that most road users in that area will recognise a traffic warning mentioning the place.
yeah well, I used to live round the back of Mcdonalds there and that was classed as Bromley so that sounds good to me.
i dont remember changing anything, but you know what its like sometimes, you make so many changes its difficult to keep track.
Ohhh an idea for a new script, automated change log, makes a note of all changes you make and saves them to a local log file… Come on script kiddies, of you go ![]()
Hard disk full …
+1
I’ll just keep adding extra disks ![]()