Hi guys
It looks as if part of the new A21 has opened, and traffic is being diverted onto it.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=0.30776&lat=51.15928&s=121633239&zoom=4&mapUpdateRequest=10479567
GPS track from the UR seems to corroborate this.
Thank you.
Thanks for the heads-up. I’m going to ping PilotDave69 about this, as he’s been taking very good care of the roadworks here but, in advance of that, I’ve made sure everything is down to level 3.
I’ll also be passing here, probably early next week, so I can check details on the ground if necessary. :mrgreen:
No worries Iain.
Thought it was sensible to post up here anyhow, being a change in the main road network.
Thanks mate 
Hi Gents,
I’ve just seen this thread after having a a quick scan of the map. Typical, they’ve opened a new stretch of the road here just as I’ve popped up North for a few days!
If we’re all happy, I’ll pop along there tomorrow afternoon on the way to work and then update accordingly. I’ve already pre-created the bulk of the work there, it should just be a case of modifying a few bits and waiting for a map update. I’m especially curious about the connection to the north though, the GPS traces don’t seem to quite tally up!
Cheers,
Dave
Hi Gents,
I’m just back from a drive along there and the map is now updated accordingly. However, my drives (and a few marker URs) still haven’t shown up on the map, so I will have to go back and rejig the alignment as and when they appear.
Cheers,
Dave
I’ll avoid re-locking until I get the word then 
Hi,
Just a quick reply as I’m still at work.
It should be correct now.
However, the project is due to be completed within the next few months, and progress is such at the northern end we may see some changes within the next week or so. In wondering if it’s worth leaving it downlocked for now until it’s completed?
Alternatively, I’d happily accept honorary L4 status for a few months! :lol:
Cheers,
Dave
Lots of people have dropped that hint on me - it’s never worked yet!
:lol:
It should be safe to leave at 3 for the moment. I pretty much trust most of our L3 editors - and any L3 diving in there and making a mess of it should probably have their level reviewed.
My only concern is that I occasionally do sweeps locking up under-locked segments - and I’m sure I’ve inadvertantly re-locked this section at least once in the last year or two. :oops:
To help matters, I’ve dropped a L4 map comment across the entire area - to keep people aware of what’s going on and point them to this topic as a place to coordinate efforts.
Hint no. #2: Level 5 and/or an ability to edit everywhere could be helpful to Wazers after someone editing for 6-7 years without issue.
Just a thought… :lol: 
Nice work though everyone, and thanks for being cool about the area Dave. Been great chatting these last few days about issues around there 
I’ll up the stakes and offer you an apple and a packet of milk chocolate (or plain, if you prefer) digestive biscuits at the Oxford meet! Are you tempted now?
:lol:
Thank you for the L4 comment box. No problem if you do accidentally sweep and relock, I’ll just be back requesting another unlock! Now, 90 days max at L4 surely sounds tempting now? :lol:
No problem, always happy to share. I’ve enjoyed the chats too.
Cheers All,
Dave
I see your apple and biscuits, and raise you a half pint of shandy and a KitKat :lol:
The main flyover at Longfields Road is now fully open and the speed limit is back up to 70mph. I’ve edited accordingly.
Hi Iain,
Thank you for the update, that’s saved me a drive tomorrow! That has only just been increased as I drove through there on a recce a few days ago and it was still 40mph.
I believe the layout is correct and final now (apart from a few side roads that will need some tweeking when the work on them is complete), so it may be worth uplocking the relevant segments of the main road to L4 now, and perhaps also removing the map comment too.
Cheers,
Dave
Hi Dave. Are the works complete on these roadworks now?