A21 - Locksbottom

Please could this segment be unlocked by someone? I need to extend the spur of Farnborough Park, at that point, to form a junction with the A21.

Thanks

I don’t know what anyone else thinks, but I noticed that was disconnected a while ago, but I left it as it is a Private road with barriers, didn’t want anything being routed down it as its not accessible.

I’ll look in the morning.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm. That’s a very good point. Lesson learnt.

Can I suggest the entry roads are connected to the outside world, but only sufficient for someone navigating to Farnborough Park to get into the entry roads? I’ll disconnect them from the interior roads, to avoid others being routed through the estate, in preparation for David looking at it in the morning.

Could I also ask for the A21 here to be unlocked? It isn’t dualled here, and shouldn’t be shown as such on the map. I also need to add the parking lot road for the filling station between Addison Rd and Bloomfield Rd.

Thanks

I think it should be OK if connected, as long as we make sure the road is set to private, give it hard turn restrictions off, that should be enough to only route down there if you are heading there.

I think then only Waze cannot find another way will it route that way.

Unlocked

Updated and re-locked, thanks.

The entry road into Farnborough Park from the A21 is disconnected from the rest of the estate (as are the entry roads from Crofton Rd) but should be connected to the A21. Wazers heading for the estate coming from the Bromley direction will, at the moment, be directed past that entrance and into Crofton R, unnecessarily.

Regards

Do I need to do anything?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I thought I’d answered this earlier today, but I must have missed hitting the submit button, as the A21 segment in the original post is still locked and I can’t connect the Farnborough Park entry road so that people coming from Bromley down the A21 are routed into that entrance rather than having to go all the way down to one of the Crofton Road entrances.

Laptop away now. Will unlock segments in the morning if no one beats me to it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I thought I’d resurrect this thread as a UR was raised pointing out that the road from the A21 Farnborough Common leading into the Princess Royal Hospital wasn’t shown on the map. I’ve added it, but need the A21 unlocked to allow the new road to be joined to it.

The segment to which the entrance to Farnborough Park has also not quite made it to unlocked status, so I’ve included that in the permalink.

While I’m pointing us at the A21, I thought I’d raise a question about whether it should be single or dual carriageway. It’s represented as dual carriageway from its junction with the A233 south as far as Farnborough village, whereas it’s actually mainly single-carriageway, single lane in each direction separated by hatched lines.

I suggest it should be singled, except where there is genuine carriageway separation, such as at the Locks Bottom junction. Many of the side roads are accessible by turning right across the other lane, and exit from those side roads in both directions is permitted. As I understand it, this should be depicted as a single carriageway according to the Wiki rules. Is there some reason of which I’m unaware as to why it’s been put on the map as dualled?

You’ve seen the UR down by the hospital, haven’t you!

I thought I’d leave that until tomorrow because, as you say, I think a fair amount of the A21 should not be split around there. My vote would be to unsplit.

I’ll stay out of your way down there! :wink: My current big project is Swansea anyway and I don’t think I’ll have that finished for a few days.

Oddly, my main focus at the moment is also South Wales - the Valleys and around Bridgend. There are some URs that have been outstanding for a month or more and the amount of new build that isn’t on the map is amazing.

I’ll be down there in a couple of weeks, so I want the map as up to date as possible - I just hope we get an update before I go!

I’d unsplit too. It would be polite to ask Roy (xteejx) if he was ok first.

Yeah, I’ve been holidaying in South Wales for 40 years and I was there in late August. Things are in a frankly awful state in many places. Even with only access to the M4 corridor, there’s enough to keep more than one of us busy well into next year!

I’ve been splitting my efforts between London and S Wales. I was originally going to ask for AM rights to S Wales, but I’ve decided to make the most of my 3-month driving rights for now. Once they expire I’m going to concentrate on SE London until the work starts to dry up - then I’ll request the AM rights.

If there is any particular bit you’re visiting and you haven’t got to yourself, let me know and I’ll concentrate there next. So far Llanelli is “all my own work” and Swansea should be done soon. I’ve also done work in Newport, Cardiff, Cwmbran and Carmarthen. Every time I fix a UR, I take a quick look around and end up working on another massive section!

Would it be an idea if the three of us make sure we are not going to interrupt each others bits we are concentrating on.

As for the A21, let me know if you want me to do anything.

I left it split as it wasn’t really causing a problem, but I think it was rather prematurely locked.

Meh, I’m happy if you’re happy Davie boy lol, go ahead with the A21, think it’s a trunk though so my only input here is to remember the locks :slight_smile:

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Oh also if this is gonna be a proper effort and you’re doing every road OFF it, and it is as complete as mappingly possible, update the A road tracking Page on the wiki. Now why the hell does my phone keep capitalising Page… grumble

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

I’ll leave the A21 alone, still plenty to do inside the M25!

OK, so could one you revered CMs please unlock it for the whole length from Bromley Common down to Farnborough Village?

Thanks