Is it possible to add a camera from the editor?
For example, the camera here can face both ways, so if I’ve read the guidance correctly there should be a second camera added to the map for the other direction.
Can it be done? If so, how?
Many Thanks
Is it possible to add a camera from the editor?
For example, the camera here can face both ways, so if I’ve read the guidance correctly there should be a second camera added to the map for the other direction.
Can it be done? If so, how?
Many Thanks
As far as I know, you can’t. It has to be added whilst driving.
This is correct.
There is one thing you can do - although it’s a pain in the arse to do. :lol:
Drivers are forever marking other street furniture as speed cameras. There’s also a phenomenon I call “new user cameras”, which happened to me the first day I installed Waze. You take your first few drives with Waze and you think you see a camera that isn’t marked. You’re new to the app and you can’t report it at the time. You get home and think “I’ll add the camera now”. You start Waze, pan to the location of the camera, mark the point on the map and report a camera - not realising you can only report at your current location. The map pans back to your location, you see the camera and think “WTF?”. So you try again, then try a dummy camera, then try a red light camera, then give up. The result? Three cameras all on top of each other in an obviously residential location. :oops:
The upshot is that there are always unapproved cameras lying around on the map. You can find one nearby and “walk” it over. It’s a pain because you can only move it to the edge of it’s circle, then you have to save & move it again.
There’s an unapproved camera over to the east on A589 Broadway. If it’s a false report, you should be able to walk it over to where you want it in about a dozen moves. ![]()
Having reread the camera guidance again, I think the second set of lines are just for speeding overtakers. I have corrected the orientation of the single camera. I’ll check it next time I’m in Morecambe. I do know how to deal with cameras now, so thank you all!