Fixed Speed Cameras

Morning all,

Not long started using Waze app and hoping to not only help myself but help others with some editing, mainly speed limits showing incorrectly on the roads local to me, also placing some locations of some fixed speed cameras.

My question is how do you add where a fixed speed camera is? I see in the editing tool that there is the option to add a average speed camera on roads but not for fixed speed cameras, as im new am i missing something to add them

Thanks and nice to be here
Dan

Welcome to Waze editing, your local knowledge and experience will be very welcome (what part of country are you in).

Take a look at the links below in my forum signature, which will take you to our Discord server and also a few guides to get you started with editing basics and out mentoring programme.

There are some editing features that are editor level restricted, and adding cameras is one of those - you have to be a L2 or higher editor to manage cameras.

If you ever find one missing or incorrect, a post just like this one is the best way to request it adding or changing :slight_smile:

Check the Layers setting in the Map Editor (top right corner) and make sure the Speed Camera layer is selected, you may find a lot of the cameras are already mapped

Thank you both for the above, yes having checked the camera is there after adding the layer, learning steps for me. Thank you though.

Just another question when I’m driving down a road with a fixed camera will it show on the app or do I need to have a sat nav route on before the cameras show

Thanks again
Dan

Oh I’m from north wales :wales: too

Thank you both for the above, yes having checked the camera is there after adding the layer, learning steps for me. Thank you though.

Just another question when I’m driving down a road with a fixed camera will it show on the app or do I need to have a sat nav route on before the cameras show

Thanks again
Dan

Oh I’m from north wales :wales: too

It’ll alert in the app both with or without a route planned.

just to note, there is currently a bug for camera announcements, so some may not even show or be announced.