Beeps/Private Messages

I’ve been using Waze for several months now, made it to the highest level, but have no friends as I do not have Facebook. This afternoon was the first time I got beeped at - had no clue as to what it was since the “beep” function is normally grayed out for me. A few questions:

  • Is it possible to beep if you aren’t friends with someone?
  • How do I beep at others? The button is grayed out.
  • Private messages - why aren’t they logged anywhere?
  • Is it possible to search for other Wazers by username without having them as your friend?

Appreciate any insight! Thanks!

Beeps can be sent to/from friends you have added on Waze, regardless of whether you are connected to any external social networks, like Facebook. The option to beep at a friend is available when you’re both online with Waze at the same time.

Private messages are received whenever anyone responds with a comment to something you posted, like a traffic or hazard alert. That comment is received as a private message, and currently cannot be disabled. I guess allowing feedback is a requirement for being able to post things.

Awesome, thanks so much!!

But can you beep/beep to a fellow driver in your area that is NOT on your FB Wazer friends list? And will they know who beep/beep them on their screen? I do it occasionally if it is another Veteran user in my neck of the woods driving but never get a response, haha. Know one likes me.

but is it possible to search users by user name and see where they are on the map?

You can beep-beep any Waze user you see on the map, whether or not you have any social connection. I should know - I have zero social connections and I still get beep-beeped occasionally! :lol:

You certainly can’t do this for “normal” Wazers on the map. Only a small, randomly chosen, number of active Wazers actually appear in the app and there’s no search functionality. Having “friends” in the app may change this, but I have no friends (see above) so I wouldn’t know. :slight_smile: