Speed traps

Deal all,
I keep noticing Waze misses several speed cameras. Both when I am close to the limit and when I am not.
I went to the map editor, added the limit of the camera and even added a new camera. Nothing changed… why is that??

Hi

They need to be placed on the carriageway, and pointing in the right direction. Do you have a link to an example

It depends on what you mean by missing the cameras. The app warns you about cameras differently depending on whether or not you’re exceeding the limit set for the camera as you approach it, so unless you’re paying close attention to the app screen on approach to the camera whilst under the limit, you might not notice the camera is there at all.

Assuming the camera is genuinely missing from the map data, then as Stu says they need to be added correctly in the editor. It also used to be the case (perhaps still is?) that they’d only then appear in the app if something else was edited in their vicinity to force an update of the map tile in which they were located - simply adding the camera itself wouldn’t trigger the update.

Once they’ve been added to the map data used by the app, if the cameras are in areas where you’ve previously driven with the app active (and presumably they are, otherwise you wouldn’t be wondering why the app wasn’t showing them!), you may also then need to force your app to refresh the data it holds for those areas - having previously driven through an area, your app will most likely now have cached the map data for that area on your phone, and it seems a bit hit or miss as to when the app will automatically refresh the data.

So as a more general bit of advice, whenever something doesn’t look quite right with the data shown in the app, the first thing I’d do is perform a manual refresh and then see if things look any better…

I am afraid is not like you say. I tried several times with a camera near where I live and even if I am at the speed limit no warning is given.
Also I was just driving in a new road and I saw a camera too late … i was above the speed limit!! Damn it… hopefullu i haven’t been caught… however waze did not say anything. Not very useful!! I notice also vaze has failed to tell me of an average speed zone near glasgow! What is happening??

Are you sure you have them set to alert you in the app, they always work for me.
Also don’t speed and you won’t have to worry about them :slight_smile:

When yes, I have set them as I occasionally receive warnings.
I do not really speed but I occasionally hit the 2/3 miles above the limit! And with these new rules I am quite weary!!!

http://southendnewsnetwork.com/news/driver-reveals-one-simple-trick-to-avoid-speeding-fines-and-penalty-points/
:wink:

Haha very funny but when you drive for 9 hrs in an empty road in the middle of nowhere believe you can break the speed limit without realising and getting a fine… i am not hittin 100 mile per hour in a 30 zone… i might go at 79 in a motorway at midnight in a super solid car… or hitting 36 in a country toad that for Gid knows what reason has a 30 mph limit… we all have been there and covering 600 miles per day 2/3 day/week you canmake mistakes…

Could you give us a permalink to show the area in question please?