I can’t edit the roads I’ve driven on as they are not marked as ‘editable area’. I can only edit my AM areas. Is there a bug in the editor at the minute ? Why are roads I’ve driven on not editable ? I live in Northern Ireland.
I don’t need to ask if you’re looking on the correct server do I?
I have the same problem, I am from Poland.
Yes Alan, I am looking for the right server.
Wysyłane z mojego LT15i za pomocą Tapatalk 2
Same problem. Yep, using the world server.
It seems to happen when scrolling the map. You can be happily editing, then scroll (even just a little) and the entire area converts to ‘not editable’.
It’s like the editable area layer goes AWOL.
It seems to be back to normal.
![]()
I am experience the same problem on the World server.
It appears to something to do with Driving areas not being recognised correctly.
It is intermittent problem where I try to re-edit a segment that I have edited in last hour it says
‘You cannot edit this segment. You may only edit segments in your driving area.’
Driving area layer is displayed and I am within my driving area.
If I logout of the edittor and back it I can then edit those segment(s) again.
But I just noticed the map became shaded ( ala outside drive area ) and I could no longer edit those segments.
Now I can’t edit the road outside my house… Been my driving area for 5 months… ![]()
Problem has not occurred in the last 90 minutes. ![]()
I’m having the same problem, just this morning and even in the last few minutes.
The message I’m getting when I try to add a segment in College Station, TX (my AM area), is
“You have no permissions to make some of the changes.”
When I click on an existing segment, I see this message:
“You cannot edit this segment. You may only edit segments in your driving area.”
permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-96.35782&lat=30.62861&zoom=0&layers=BFTFFTTTTFTTFTTTTTFTTTFTT
I’m still new enough where I don’t know what server I’m logging on to, but I log on the same way I have for over a month and just today I can’t seem to edit anything.
Sorry for not getting back. It looks like I forgot to subscribe to this forum thread when I created it. Duh! :?
I tried again just now. Map editing in the same area is working for me now and all the areas I’ve driven in currently show as editable. However, I don’t know if the issue was really fixed as it could be intermittent. Is anyone else still experiencing this problem ?
I’ve been blocked.
I can’t edit the roads I’ve driven on.
“Your editing permissions have been blocked due to user complaints / suspecious editing behavior.
if you believe there has been an error, please refer to our support page. http://www.waze.com/support”
I’m not sure why. It would be helpful and instructive if someone had talked to me so I could cease to be a problem before this.
Yesterday, I had a conversation with support because my edits were being reversed. At the time the support person could find nothing wrong.
What can I do to get unblocked?
You could start by making a new thread instead of bothering the people reading this one.
What robc007 means to say is that the issue you’re describing doesn’t appear to relate to driven roads not being editable but rather pertains to apparent blocking of your edit permissions in certain areas. You really are best starting a new thread, as it’s a different issue.
“If you’re not asking for help or offering it, you probably shouldn’t be here.”