When I select editable areas, everything is grayed out even where I have driven. The editor says I am level 1 with 443 points and can edit 1 mile from route but nothing. What do I need to do to fix this?
One thing to check…are you using the same login account on your phone and your computer?
Does any drives show up yet under my drives or is areas shown under Areas tab?
I assume you are connected to www.Waze.com and based on your sig that should be correct.
It might just be that your drives have not been processed yet.
If you look at some of the stickied posts regarding FAQ, that should provide the required info.
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Yes I am logging in with the same account that I use on my phone
Yes the drives show up and when I click on today it shows my path travelled. So I select to show editable area and everything grays out. I am logged in to waze.com on the page waze.com/editor
It appears you just joined Waze from the date in the forum. The Editable areas doesn’t update right away after drivers are processed. Give it a day or two to appear.
Ok it seems that I can see editable areas on the map editor in Chrome so I tried to add a road that it has missed and it lets me draw the road but the save button is not clickable and it gives me nothing else to do i.e. add the name, 2 way street, etc. Is there something I am missing?
Are you logged in? You aren’t in Play Mode with the red banner at the bottom? After you draw the road, are you naming it properly, following the guidelines?
I tried that on a brand new account a few days ago, and even though my areas and drive showed up the next day, I still could not edit in the exposed area until a day or two after.
Just give it a day or two, they will appear.
Edit : actually meant you will get editing rights in the exposed area.
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
I am logged in and no red bar showing play mode is at the bottom. basically I can select add road and draw the road. But then how do I tell it that i’m done drawing the road, add name, etc.?
Also it does let me select existing roads I have driven and update the infomration for them, I just can’t add a road
I am logged in and no red bar showing play mode is at the bottom. basically I can select add road and draw the road. But then how do I tell it that i’m done drawing the road, add name, etc.?
Covered in the second link I sent you under “drawing the road” section. Also covered in http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php?title=Map_Editing_Quick-start_Guide.
You will probably save yourself and us some time if you read the documentation. That’s why we wrote it.
All is well, thank you for your help, I was having some computer issues and didn’t realize that my mouse double click was not working, for some reason when double clicking my mouse was still only registering one click.
Thanks again.
Shift+click I find works better for me. Less “movement” of the mouse while clicking.
Are you double left clicking the mouse to terminate the road?
Are you double left clicking the mouse to terminate the road?
Uh, yeah. He already mentioned “all is well.”
I see I am a little late on this thread, but I too am sometimes unable to edit.
I am a level 2 editor, so have edited a fair amount, but on some random days, I can see my ‘Areas’ tab has my average 1200km. but my ‘Drives’ tab is blank and I am unable to edit.
I just turn off my computer and come back a few hours later and am then able to edit, and my ‘Drives’ tab shows all my routes.
updates on maps take a few days anyway, so I am in no rush if unable to edit at the time.