ChitChat and Traffic Report templates

Hi,
Maybe this is possible or planned, but it would be a good idea to have templated text for reporting traffic conditions or general chit-chat entries. Even better if you can create those templates yourself for the next time.
I am happy to report ‘heavy traffic over the bridge - delay about 10mins’ but don’t want to type it every day when I am stationary in the queue. Reporting ‘traffic’ with no text at all doesn’t help much.
:idea:

Also - shouldn’t Waze give an audible alert when approaching or in the vicinity of a reported hazard? Like a speedcam.

Waze does give audible alerts for Speedcams and other reported hazards. If you are not receiving these alarms its down to one of three things or maybe all of them.

  1. You’ve not set up waze on your phone to alert you via map settings.
  2. Your phone is incompatible for audio alerts.
  3. For Speedcams. The local area manager hasn’t yet had time to go in and edit the speedcam so it matches the speed limit of the road it is on. Most of the speedcams in my area seem to default to 50mph, so I have to edit them to read correctly. Waze is that clever, however, that you will only get an audible alert if you are speeding, which is a good thing. The problem with that is that you could be doing 40 on a 30mph road with a speedcam that’s set to 50 so it won’t alert you

Think you’ve misunderstood, Seasider! He’s merely using the speed cam alert as an example of what should be used for hazards reported via the client in every day use!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I was thinking along the same lines yesterday - easy templates for basics are needed but in addition to this we need some way of having a button on screen at all times (if enabled by the user) to reduce the amount of phone fiddling done. It’s not safe to be pressing multiple buttons in different locations on the screen to report something while still driving, one or two easy clicks with large buttons please.

No misunderstanding at all mate, knew exactly what dingaling meant, but he mentioned speedcams specifically, so, as he a noob, I thought it prudent to explain what may be going awry for him with that particular alert.

The point I was making is that if dingaling hasn’t set his client up correctly he may not get any alerts, audible or otherwise.

I think he DOES get the speed cam alerts though! And would like others like it!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I guess it’s a question of how you read it buddy :). I read it that he was using speedcams as an example of the alerts he would like to get. But, yeah, the flipside is that he wants audible alerts like what he gets for speedcams.

I dunno, and I reckon, we won’t find out for sure till dingaling comes back on, eh.

P.s. no offence meant with my earlier response

Iiiiii’mmmm baaaaaack.

Actually my main point was to make the reporting of hazards quicker and safer, and have some pre-stored text templates for that. Similar to my example about reporting traffic conditions, I also note that when reporting general map issues, there is no way to refine it with some pre-stored text, and I cannot type while driving… using pull down menu’s is bad enough.

What are the top reports - traffic conditions, map problems and hazards? Make those 3 easier to report with bigger buttons and no text inputting required?

cheers all.

oh yes, I forgot the original ChitChat part. Its rude not to reply to a passing Wazer who pings you, but dangerous if you even think about typing a reply!! So a button to reply with 2 or 3 stored responses would be no worse than changing channel on the radio.

Even better if you can setup those responses as custom ones.

It is indeed rude to ignore the Ping of a fellow Wazer, but you’re right about typing a message while driving, not only is it difficult, it’s dangerous and if Dibble catch you it’s £60 n 3 points. I think Dingaling’s idea is inspired
On a slight Tangent, I do wish that the default setting for ping on phones was ‘on’ tho.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

I totally agree. Templates would be nice.

I find myself typing roadworks a lot. Thankfully, with predictive text, I don’t have to type the whole thing. But it would nice if you clicked on traffic, it gave you some common option to choose from - accident/roadworks etc.

There’s also stuff that I don’t quite know how to report, like when one lane of the motorway’s out. It’s not necessarily causing a queue of traffic, but the speed limit might be reduced.

s3

I’d probably report that under the hazard category!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk