Eccles, Manchester - Speed limit update

Hello,
Speed limit on selected road is changed to 20 MPH

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=-2.34680&lat=53.48406&s=70491415&zoom=4&segments=123345499,123345007,123344816,123345008,123336627,123336626,123339267,123342864,123342749,123342748,123342860,123336614,123336609,123338677,123333062,247101373,247101372,246491569,123345502,123340808

I just registered today and this is my first change request so please forgive me for any mistakes,
thanks

Welcome to Waze. The change has been made.

Hi world_nhdrav9x,

Welcome to Waze and thank-you for your updates to the speed limits on Cromwell Rd, Chadwick Rd and two segments of Russell St, which have been amended by Kkervinjones.

I am the Editor who originally set the speed limits in this area.

20 mph limits are often difficult to spot or confirm and have sometimes been put in place more recently than the most up-to-date Google Street View images to which we have access. Could you tell me, if you can remember, what was the signage on these roads? Was it a ‘20’ on a round red-edged standard speed limit sign, or was it a rectangular sign announcing this as a ‘20 mph Zone’? If it were the first only the streets you have told us about will be affected. If it were the second then dozens of roads junctioning the roads in your Permalink will ‘inherit’ the 20 mph limit.

Along the segments you told us about, Google Street View dates are Oct '14, May '15 and June '16. None of them show a 20 mph limit. The most recent GSV is at the western end of Cromwell Rd. This shows the 20 mph limits put in on Nelson St and Franklin St to protect the approaches to Christchurch Primary School. Have these individual speed limits now been expanded to form a 20 mph Zone?

Information from people local to the area (or who have at least driven the roads in question recently) are invaluable to us to keep the mapping up-to-date, so I hope you can give us more information on the speed limits in this area and, if you know, tell us when, approximately, the 20 mph limits you noted came into force.

Mike

Hi Wazers,

Thank you for update.

I am 99% sure that it is now 20MPH for the entire segment selected (20 in round red edged sign)
I commute every day in the parallel Liverpool Road, I’ll check it next week, eventually prove it with pictures.

Tibor

Hello again,

I changed my temporary username and forum thinks I am a different person now :slight_smile:

Anyway, here is the update:

These pictures has been taken half an hour ago. I checked Googles street view, the speed limits are not on it yet.
The first picture shows the 20mph speed limit as you turn in from Peel street.
There is one more at the beginning of Chadwick road, one more when Chadwick road becomes Cromwell road and the last one is just before the Franklin street crossing. The last image shows the 30mph limit at the end of the road, before turning to Green Lane.

Some reg numbers were wiped to keep peoples privacy…

20170527_191417_HDR.jpg20170527_191802_HDR.jpg
20170527_191934_HDR.jpg
20170527_192049_HDR.jpg
20170527_192152_HDR.jpg

Kind regards,
Tibor

Hi Tibor,

Thanks for your excellent work on this.

I think that your chosen username is better than a computer-allocated one - who could remember that anyway?

The pictures were a valuable contribution - thanks for taking so much effort on this.

The speed limits have been revised in this area and, when the International Mapping is updated in the next day or so the appropriate 20 mph limit will appear on your phone.

Keep your reports coming in and, if you can’t yet make the changes yourself, post on the UK Editor Requests again and ask for a downlock, so you can do the editing yourself and gain some editing points.

If there’s anything you think either of us can help you with, just send us a Personal Message and we’ll do our best to help. Keith (Kkervinjones) is a particularly useful contact as he is your Area Manager for Manchester and has more local knowledge than I.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Mike