Level 3 Speed Limit Change - Bolton

Evening all,

Can someone L3 or above please change the following speed limit from 30MPH to 20MPH please?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=-2.39275&lat=53.59372&s=88079831&zoom=5&segments=123435687,123438334,123438336,250676713,149750728

Drive up here regularly to my Mums and Blair Ln and New Ln are 20MPH up to where it meets Stitch Me Ln where it becomes 30MPH again.

I’ve changed the first bit to 20MPH but for some reason this final stretch is locked to L3.

Thanks in advance guys.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

The locks on those segments were all over the place, so I’ve regularised them to L2 (Sorry!)

I’ve done the 20mph limit up to (but not including) that first segment of Stitch-Mi Ln, which you’d included in your Permalink

There’s absolutely loads of SLs missing here for you to investigate and put in, so I’ll leave you to do that, whist I do the few main roads that are locked above you. Deal? :wink:

Mike

Morning Mike,

Thanks very much.

Yeah i did notice the random lock levels all over.

No problem on the L2, makes sense :slight_smile:

Yep, deal i shall make slight detours everytime i go to my Mums and start collecting the S/Ls. :slight_smile:

I can’t mark this as done and thank you on my phone but i shall do it on my lunch break.

Thanks again.

Kyle

Morning Kyle,

Here’s part of your area with Lower Goodwin Fold just above centre.

I’ve corrected all the lock levels and added SLs to them, as you won’t be able to. Whilst trolling around with GSV, I’ve keyed in any 20mph streets I found. These are likely 20mph Zones, or could be just a street or two to limit speeds around a school.

The signage is woefully bad, not helped by GSV being old on just the streets where you need it to be up-to-date.

Over to you, Kyle. There are a huge number of streets here with no SL. For each two-way road to which you add a SL, you’ll get two editing points. On just the screen you’ll see on the Permalink, that will gain you over 350 editing points and set you well on the way to L2!

Beware just adding SLs, though. Senior Editors reviewing your work as you go up in editing levels take a dim view of Editors who amass vast numbers of editing points simply by adding SLs. Your work on your new estate (dealt with in a separate thread) is just the sort of variety Senior Editors will be looking for and, taking the (very) rough with the smooth you could add some house numbers . . .

I take it you know Lower Goodwin Fold and Lower Goodwin Cl quite well and should be able to house-number them easily. Beware though, that for all your work and diligent research adding lots of numbers, probably including, as I do, actually walking round the streets to make sure you’ve got everything exactly right, you’ll get precisely three editing points!

There’s much research to be done on the missing SLs - even I’m not sure of some of the SLs already set, or the extent of some of the 20mph limits I found, but once discovered, I don’t like leaving areas with no limits set for too long, so I hope you’re able to find the quite big blocks of time needed and put in the SLs you’re sure of in, say, the next week or so?

Happy editing!

Mike