I happened to notice several neighborhoods in Elmwood Park, NJ where someone went through and defined a residential place for every house:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lon=-74.12518&lat=40.89127&s=389545751&zoom=5
None of them have photos - they seem to have been added just to match the street addresses. Actually, now that I look around, there are hundreds or maybe even thousands of them in this area.
As a relatively new editor, I guess I’m just curious: is this a good thing?
Not a bad thing, that’s for sure.
Some of those RPPs are filling in gaps in the HNs that are on the segments. And it doesn’t look like any of the few segments I took a quick peek at have had their HNs ‘nudged’ by an editor.
So those RPPs are doing the HN work in that area.
Was probably a new editor (hasn’t been back in 18+ months) who didn’t know about HNs and was trying to fix his home address.
Rumor has it that all HNs are going to covert to RPP !soon anyway.
Well, that’s interesting about the planned conversion. I always thought the HN editor was a little hard to use…
While we’re on the subject, how do you handle non-residential places with names like “Home” or “Angie’s house”? If the address is clear, i’m assuming they should be converted to residential, but sometimes they’re ambiguous, and having searchable places with such generic names would seem to be bad for general navigation anyway, wouldn’t it?
If it’s got a good photo I’ll try and figure out the actual address and convert to RPP.
If it’s got no address and no photo I delete it. (Or not approve the request in the first place.)
NJMedic2535 (4) LAM - SNJ
Sent via Mobile.
Ok, thanks for the advice!