A week or so ago while running Waze on my phone the word Roundabout has now become slow, virtually truncated in pronounciation, from being pronounced as “Roundabout” it is now slowly spoken with the emphasis on the DER part of word so now it sounds like
round DER bout ,
not on every roundabout it’s pronounced but most of them, I haven’t changed any settings or languages, it just updates each time it tells me update available, but even after the last updates this annoying
round DER bout
is still being used
Anybody else suffering from this or is it just me? A bit annoying when I go through 3 roundabouts every morning in quick succession, it’s announced as your coming up to them at distance , as you get to them, so that’s about 7 seperate " round DER bouts " every morning :lol: :lol:
I’ve had someone else complain about this. I think it only affects Thomas (UK), and only some of the time. If you switch to Kate (UK), you may find she speaks this better.
Thanks timbones, tried it today and the female voice works without the annoying round DER bout :), was thinking of trying a different voice but there are only two English voices that speak street names to choose from, one male and one female, the Thomas voice was just a little bit louder than the female voice but not so much that I can’t hear it, can’t get the phone to bluetooth to the Parrot and the music player/CD/Radio to use Waze so only able to use phone speaker volume, I just didn’t understand why it was faultless for about 6 months then suddenly on certain roundabouts became so annoying but the female voice pronounces things correctly, thank you for you help 