Waze avoiding FM road?

I have a weird one. Try routing from this point https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lon=-98.33909&lat=30.44026&layers=2021&zoom=5&nodes=38885915 to 25404 Hamilton Pool Road. If you get the results I and a reporter are getting, then the fastest route by almost 30 minutes is selected as #2 not as #1 route.

It appears that Waze is avoiding FM 952 if it can. Any ideas since I am stumped.

The one idea I do have is that this is a u-turn issue, but I don’t think so.

I got it to route fine using livemap.

Txemt, did you try more than one time of day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really. I got sidetracked with a million other things. :slight_smile:

I’ll test it more, but I can see one issue. That FM isn’t FCd right.

That is weird. Both the Android app and the Live Map find multiple routes, but the shortest and fastest route is listed as the second choice. This image sums up the issue:

http://imgur.com/0EcIVD1

Ok…I’ve changed RM to a PS. We’ll see if that helps.

It appears that your change did the trick. From this can I make the assumption that Waze will favor road segments that are at or above the “importance” of the road where the route starts and that is why it avoided the FM? Changing the importance of the FM fixed the issue or is there something else going on with the routing engine?

Now you see the importance of FC. Waze maximizes FC as long as it’s set properly. When we first looked at this area, the road was two way the whole way, but also had various degrees of road. It wasn’t consistent enough for Waze to route down it, so it took the FC route, which was longer.

I sent you a PM about the rest of the area.

LOL. It’s a case of role reversal. What a difference 18 months makes.