A14 Ipswich. Missing Average Speed Camera Zone

The Orwell Bridge on the A14 outside of Ipswich has had a 60mph Average Speed Zone since July 2016 but it is not listed in Waze. Unfortunately I found out the hard way last week. :frowning:

The zone is a permanent one and runs in both eastbound and westbound carriageways between the A and B in my permalink. (Permalink has only eastbound selected)

There also appear to be numerous speed cameras listed in this section of road which are possibly superfluous now as the Average Speed Zone is live.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=1.17522&lat=52.02467&layers=12741&zoom=2&mode=0&mapProblemFilter=0&mapUpdateRequestFilter=0&venueFilter=0&segments=209580424

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/hundreds_caught_by_new_orwell_bridge_cameras_1_4639452

Hi there,
Sorry to here that.

I’ve added the average zone now - does it run to the full extent of those segments from junction to junction or do we need to split anything?

I notice that many of the cameras are recent, and some are facing the wrong way so wont’ do anything in Waze (i.e. West facing on Eastbound carriageway!). Are there multiple cameras along here now, or are they just at the beginning and end of the zone?

Regards, Andrew

Hi Andrew,

It does run almost the full length from junction to junction give or take 100 yards. EDIT: It goes to and from the location of the cameras that are currently showing on the map.

I don’t believe there were multiple cameras but am not positive. However I am 100% positive about the beginning and end of the zone.

Thanks