A1 Average Speed Cameras

Request, as I dont want to break this by doing it incorrectly (also I am not a high enough Lvl Editor).

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon=-1.20324&lat=53.59998&s=3326083071&zoom=2&segments=339180683,339180684,123080862,123081551,376437856,376437858,376437859,123084321,142159554,123081884

There are numerous reports for the start and end of the selected segments for the Average Cameras. I have tried adding them myself but not able currently. Can someone add them either download the segments for me to add, or add them for me please?

TIA.

Hi Tia,

I have dropped these segments to L1, have a go and let me know if you need any assistance.

All done and saved.

Whilst these are for roadworks and the WazeWiki says not to usually add them for roadworks, I drive this stretch of road multiple times a week, so once they remove them I will do the same on the WME.

Due to the important nature of the road, and it’s usual auto lock level I have relocked this, so please post again when you need to return it to 70.

Will you be replying and closing the reports :?:

I have just done so. I cant close down the reports as I am only a L1 and they require L2.

Hmm, of course, I’ll close the others. I forgot to say please also map the individual camera locations if you know where they are.

I did report them last time I drove past them all. Thought I cannot see them in the editor, nor do I have the ability to report them in app any longer either.

Reporting of cameras is now permanently disabled in the app, the old way to add them is via WME, you can drop any kind of report if you need to mark the location on your journey.

I have added two of them this morning, for some reason the third report I dropped did not come through so I will capture that later in the week when I next drive the road.

Update:

Third camera added this morning.

For some reason when I updated the original segments, two of them took the new speed limit however did not have the average speed zone enabled. Not sure why as I did all of them at the same time and the others accepted the change.

Link for the two segments is below. I dont mind if a higher level editor just quickly does them for me.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon=-1.20643&lat=53.59204&s=3326083071&zoom=3&segments=387151852,387151843

Found it, welcome to the quirky nature of WME. When you select multiple segments they combine the A > B direction, however, that does not mean each individual segment is drawn in that direction, so you managed to all the ASC to the hidden direction fo the segments.

I have now fixed this, I’ve also rotated your cameras to face the direction of travel so they alert int eh app.

Thank you again for your help. So many gotcha’s with the WME!